over revving

petrie

Reaction score
hi everyone,i have had my s3 for two weeks now and im new to audi,
just a quick question,when i change gear the car over revs by 3 - 4 hundred revs.
could it be the clutch switch and if so where best to buy cheers for any help.

Hi, mine used to over rev by about 900 and i changed a number of things (one at a time) and the one that made the biggest difference was the clutch switch which i got from Audi for about £14 i think and its pretty easy to replace. best starting there

thanks for the quick reply i will start with that tomorrow.

Clutch switch didn't help me with this problem. People to this day still don't know the fix for it. Somebody on here even gave their car into Audi and even Audi didn't know what it was! It doesn't do any harm though so don't get worried about it.

hi took out clutch switch and looks as if someone has tried before with a screwdriver or something.
just have to order one tomorrow,does anyone know what place would be the quickest to send one up to the orkney isles cheers

Clutch pedal switch fixed mine, although it did take 2 switches from Audi until the problem was fixed, first one must have been duff.

Clutch pedal switch fixed mine, although it did take 2 switches from Audi until the problem was fixed, first one must have been duff.

Would you happen to have the part number please?

Cheers Andy

Temp sensor, for a few quid worth ago, changing that stopped mine over revving.

Part number will vary mate depending on the year of your car.

My S3 is a 2002 BAM.

Have anyone got the part numbers for both the Temp sensor and the clutch pedal switch?

mine never had a clutch switch, some pilac must have forgot to replace it after the orignal went faulty, or after they changed the clutch pedal, i had a similar problem to yours, the switch made a difference, but coming off the gas a little ealier before changing gear also helped too

the part number is 1J0927189E it's found on many audi cars