Bulb out!

SimonA3T

Reaction score
Hey guys

One of my headlight bulbs went this evening on my 2000 1.8T, and ive tried to get the bulb out to see what I need to replace it with and i cant because the battery is in the way! Do I have to take it out through the front taking the glass out? or remove battery...

Do you know what bulbs they might be? They appear to be quite big and round with a connector on the back...

Please help!:(

Bulb will be a H7 bud, best way to get to it would be to loosen up the bolt holding the battery in place and move the battery a little

Is a H7 standard then?

Also, im not quite sure how to take the bulb out, does the whole round bit come out too that also has the connector on... how does it all release?

thanks

H7 is standard yes, pull the plug out first, then there's a spring clip, hard to explain but you have to push the top part to one side to unclip it

what sandip said is right. its really quite easy when u have a look at it in full day light. its a spring clip, with a ridge thing to hold it in place. do loosen/take out the batter though makes it so much easier... just keep your audi stereo code to hand ;-)

If you take the cover off the battery- that might be enough to get access...?

JimP

No ive triesd but I cant hardly get my hand in, let alone pull the bulb out with the battery in the way

Damn, these dark nights! I get home and its too dark to see what im doing, and im at work all day....... :(

Yo chaps, me again!

Ok, im looking at Halfords ands I can see Super Brilliance HBU477SB H7 Bulbs, Extreme bulbs, and some of the same but blue...

How bright are the extreme ones? what would I be after... Also are the blue ones crap?

Thank you!! :)

Yo chaps, me again!

Ok, im looking at Halfords ands I can see Super Brilliance HBU477SB H7 Bulbs, Extreme bulbs, and some of the same but blue...

How bright are the extreme ones? what would I be after... Also are the blue ones crap?

Thank you!! :)

How much do Halfords want for them? £5000 no doubt.... lol.

I'd go for the super white mate if it were me...

Well all sorted, and it was actually a H1 bulb I needed! lol :)