help with cd player please

Jay-a3

Reaction score
hi, i got rid of the concert head unit on my a3 and put a new sony cd player in, is there any way of connecting the wires so the dash display still works?

Why not stick with the original stereo? IMO i think its great sounds alreet and coupled with the sony cd changer in the boot its what you want.

I dont know if you know but you can get a ipod adaptor that emulates a cd changer. it attaches to the changer connection in the boot. the playlists on the ipod act as the seperate cds all controllable the same as the cd changer from the headunit. pretty nifty if you ask me and i wish i had known this before installing the changer.

Anyway spend the money on some more engine noise then you can get rid of the stereo need all together. Was like this on my r5 the stereo was for the missus and the side exit exhaust was for my listening pleasure :D

I wanted to keep the originalplayer but I had a nice sub I wanted to put in so I put the cd player in because the original had no RCAs but after I fitted it i found out that you can get the adaptor. well gutted now because I think I damaged the original getting it out!! im spendin more on the engine to, slowly anyway booked in for a remap next week. thinkin of gettin a forge induction pipe, that should make a noticeable diffrence shouldn't it?

Damn man thats a shame although they can be found for sale so no biggy with damage.

I am the same mate slowly doing bits but not OTT Sleeper is my aim. Not been in the VAG family long... a month if that. i have gone for a pipercross panel filter @ 30 odd squid and a remap from revo @ 99 squid (Special offer for december). TIP will be next aswell as a 007p.

The remap will be the best buy i am looking forward to getting mine done.

you can get an aftermarket sub wited to the oem unit

99 quid for a revo remap?where from?yea I put the pipercross filter on and a baileys recirc valve on, carnt wait for the remap tho I had a free trail an it made hell of a difference!!

I have the original concert cassette/radio with an ipod adapter through the changer and a jbl twin sub fed using the linouts, sounds brill. It mite be just me but aftermarket stereos look odd in these cars, the standard ones sit flush and follows the same colour theme so im gonna stick with mine.

Hey...

how does that work then? Are you inline with audio O/Ps of the changer and it goes up to the headunit that way? Does it happen at the back of the headunit?
Was it a premade lead?

Is there something to disable the chnger from starting up but keeping the headunit happy??

JimP

Hey...

how does that work then? Are you inline with audio O/Ps of the changer and it goes up to the headunit that way? Does it happen at the back of the headunit?
Was it a premade lead?

Is there something to disable the chnger from starting up but keeping the headunit happy??

JimP

Yeh pretty much plug and play, does get abit cluttered behind but doesnt make a diffrence really, its a box that plugs in where the changer would normally connect at the bak of the HU, it tricks the HU In to think ing its the changer its powering/where the sounds is actually coming from ma iphone, I was amazed at the sound quality as i was using a crappy fm transmitter before this.

Last edited:
Brilliant, wish i had done that rather than get the cd changer. ahh well.

Thanks for the info tho.