Wiring a sub, where to connect high line input

Mudz

Reaction score
Hi

As above, im wiring sub that doesnt use rca's, so im wandering which wires in the back of the head unit i connect to, as far as i can see it doesnt llok like standard iso cables it has extra so i assume the extra is for the sub, so where do i connect it?

Thanks in advance

i used the wires that go to the std sub in the boot and connected them to my amp aqnd works fine.

Lol i spent the last hour feeding the wires through, so which wires of the sub did you use all of them or just the speaker inputs?? If so which wires are the inputs

i used the speaker wires and there is also a remote/igntion wire then used my own power and earth cables

cant remember which wires are what, if you can find which wires are power earth and igntion the rest should be the speaker wires but have funny feeling that there is 4 speaker wires

Last edited:
Assuming your sub is non-bose, speaker line outputs are:

Pin 2 (blue/green) Left +
and
3 (green/blue) Left -

Pin 9 (red/green) Right +
and
10 (green/red) Right -

Assuming your sub is non-bose, speaker line outputs are:

Pin 2 (blue/green) Left +
and
3 (green/blue) Left -

Pin 9 (red/green) Right +
and
10 (green/red) Right -
Yeh its non bose, im seeing blue and green & red and green but not the oyhers and goin off ur pins they shud b next to each other but there are no wires nex to them

Wel i have found this printed on the HU

f84606aa.jpg

Well mine doesnt have the RF or the LF but has the RR and the LR so im assuming i connect the + to this, so wer do i cennect the negative, any ideas?

Or shud i jus connect to the front speakers?

Wel i have found this printed on the HU

f84606aa.jpg

Well mine doesnt have the RF or the LF but has the RR and the LR so im assuming i connect the + to this, so wer do i cennect the negative, any ideas?

Or shud i jus connect to the front speakers?

Yeah you wouldn't have RF or LF as its driven by the headunit for the front 2 speakers. The rear speakers are amped hence you got RR and LR. You connect the negatives to COM. The switch looking icon next the COM. is the Remote Amp turn on (you need that also).

Hope it helps :)

Ok i jus connected to the front works but i reckon i need to connect to the rear ones for better sound