Nearly sold my S3! (but didn't)

s3 Hoggy

Whats going on???
Reaction score
As title, Bit of a pointless thread really,
I have a new job for which I need a van. I decided I have to sell my car as it makes no financial sense to keep it. It hardly gets used at the moment 100 miles a week at the most! I've been pretty down recently thinking how much I don't want to sell :(

Finally Come to a decision..............Balls to financial sense I'm going to keep her!:)

Now to look for a decent vw caddy

Cheers Matt

Good call!

You know that the minute you would have sold her you would have regretted it. Then the whole cycle starts again, search for a new car, spend money on it to get it to your liking / tune, etc etc.

Last edited:
yup got to agree here, its the one thing you'll look forward to doing, driving what you would have sold :)

i still cant wait to get into mine (when it works) after driving another vehicle

yeah I think I've made the right choice, feels like a weight off my shoulders even though nothing actually happened! HaHa!

Good to see you keeping her,I am doing even less miles and thinking the same

Good to see you keeping her,I am doing even less miles and thinking the same

Yeah I'm glad too Jase I'm gunna do as many shows this year as possible then review things again this time next year

im having a fair bi of hassle with mine lately, thought about punting it..... but i cant! why is this? ive never been like that with any other car!

I think it's because it's a hell of a car for the money and for the same sort of cash there doesn't seem to be anything that can touch it (in turms of a complete package) or anything else worthy of trying to replace it!

Might be sad but I realy do love my S3

I took my lad to a sports centre today and come out to another Ess parked beside mine....damn good looking car just getting old me thinks

I know what you mean mate, they are a good looking car though arn't they! mines still feeling tight for a nearly nine year old car, done 53k at moment and I doubt I'll put much more 2k on it this year. I recon next winter if I do decide to sell up a minter with 55,000 miles on it should still fetch decent money?

It was actualy this pic that helped sway it for me, it's not even a great pic just a quick shot in the dark with my iPhone as I liked the way the snow was sitting

b38fab92.jpg

Definitely the right choice to keep it, I sold mine 5 months ago and still miss it, despite it costing a few £'ss to run it was a fantastic car.....Hopefully I'll be back in an Audi soon, I have been looking at the 8P S3 but I'm still not sure, it just doesn't seem to look that different/special from a normal A3 compared to the 8L S3......hmmm not going to be easy to decision to make!!

Chris

I have been looking at the 8P S3 but I'm still not sure, it just doesn't seem to look that different/special from a normal A3 compared to the 8L S3......hmmm not going to be easy to decision to make!!

Chris
I'm the same,they are not as special as the 8L but are rapid

mine has been sat on my drive for a month now, and im not likely to have it back on the road until the weather improves and i've done my list of mods and jobs. but my god, every single day without fail i find myself thinking about her and how i just cannot wait to get in it again, and to just enjoy every minute of it. its actually killing me waiting, every now and again i take her down my road, its like a drug, i just want more. i did 450 miles this weekend in my clio and every single mile i was thinking 'god i wish i had my leather recaros, i wish i could overtake all these right now, i wish i had my s3 on this road, i wish, i wish, i wish' lol.
i really think i have an illness, maybe its audisport syndrome or something, every time i see an S or RS i get excited, followed by a huge downer because im not in mine at the min.
i dont think il ever ever sell it, i honestly dont, i dont car how old it is, i dont care how many miles it will have covered, i dont care how many things go wrong, il still keep it, because like you said matt, there is nothing for the same money that comes close. plus if i were to sell it in a years, 2 years, 3 years, what will it be worth, not much, when to me its worth farrrrr beyond market value.

do i need counselling???

i know what you mean, although im a bit cheesed that mine came home on the back of an AA truck last night and will need a few ££££ to fix! i still love the old girl!

why sell Welly?

Missus moaning, fuelling costs, aggro that it gives me, the fact I will only have to take the thing apart again to fit another high flow manifold, the fact I find myself planning a GT3071 conversion I can't afford, the list goes on...

Missus moaning, fuelling costs, aggro that it gives me, the fact I will only have to take the thing apart again to fit another high flow manifold, the fact I find myself planning a GT3071 conversion I can't afford, the list goes on...

Welly driving a 1.1 petrol is a LOL

getting a "run-around car" brings its own issues (cost of car + insurance + depreciation ) may aswell keep S3

Striping the car and replacing the bits doesn't make financial sense

the conclusion is S3 keeper :) or put a 1.9tdi lump in the S3

the conclusion is S3 keeper :) or put a 1.9tdi lump in the S3

:scared2:... Oil burner? Not whilst I've still got my strength...lol.

If I do keep it, I plan to garage it for 6 months really. Drop the lump out, sell the entire hybrid malarky as a kit to fund another turbo project. Bottom line, I don't like having nothing to do.

This is all speculative at the moment, and will deffo be a next year job. Starting to look at costs now.

During the mean time I shall buy a runner and drive that about.

Mrs moaning...**** that, kind reminder how much GHD,S are etc....lol
Monday blues mate......