EM TuningVolks Autos
    Pat
    3rd Gear

Status

What clutch for 400bhp s3??

Well after stripping my lump down i found a 4 paddle clutch which MTM fitted and what a surprise they have grounded off all the numbers so i cant tell what make.. Also flywheel is buggered..

Anyways i need to be ordering a clutch... Now what do people recommend??? Sachs??

I got three mates who want one too so looking for a good deal..

2002 S3, Project 400, New Build In Progress, I.E 2.0 stoker kit, Big Port AGU Head, Ferrea Valves retainers, springs etc, GT30 compact, Pagparts Manifold, AH Front Mount Version 2, Genesis 550cc Injectors, 044 Fuel pump in I.E Surge Tank, Revo Stage 3 Software, Porsche Brakes, work in progress

2. # ADS
    ADS

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Will you be using the standard flywheel or steel single mass one?

Tuffty uses standard flywheel, cover and uprated plate on a 400bhp engine

I'm using a steel single mass flywheel and standard clutch for now but will be using the same as tuffty when its needed

I think the details of the clutch is in his build thread
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

MUSH Developments Ltd.

Status
    Ive went with Helix, imo there is no comparison.

6th Gear

Status
    Ive got a sach power clutch but wouldnt trust it with 400.
    350 maybe
    i would look at what tuffty is using... although he hasnt done many miles yet
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    ...although he hasnt done many miles yet
    Done a good couple of thousand miles on it now and as a day to day clutch its not bad.. certainly grabbier than OEM but still light.

Obviously there is the longevity issue to get over and I am hoping that I won't find that out for quite a while yet... given the clutch on my car was changed at 70k and I have done 35k on it (12k of which was with the BT) then if I get past that I will be happy...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status
    Realy?
    Sorry i didnt realise you had done so many,
    Mine stinks like hell if you have to say drive onto a block of wood to get jack under the car.
    Not convinced it will last forever
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Pat
    3rd Gear

Status
    Tuffty..

If i remember you got LUK DM and LUK Cover running 4 paddle sachs plate??

2002 S3, Project 400, New Build In Progress, I.E 2.0 stoker kit, Big Port AGU Head, Ferrea Valves retainers, springs etc, GT30 compact, Pagparts Manifold, AH Front Mount Version 2, Genesis 550cc Injectors, 044 Fuel pump in I.E Surge Tank, Revo Stage 3 Software, Porsche Brakes, work in progress

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    Realy?
    Sorry i didnt realise you had done so many,
    Mine stinks like hell if you have to say drive onto a block of wood to get jack under the car.
    Not convinced it will last forever
    Yeah, I have been using the S3 as my daily more or less since I did the work....

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Tuffty..

If i remember you got LUK DM and LUK Cover running 4 paddle sachs plate??
    Thats correct

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Pat
    3rd Gear

Status
    where did you get the plate from??

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    where did you get the plate from??
    Bill at Badger 5...

<tuffty/>

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    How much was the plate Paul?? The knobhead that sold me the Black car put a standard DM flywheel and clutch back in it which according to Jabba, wont last 100 miles.......although it seems to be up to the job as long as I don't try and step off it at 6K

Helix PC and SM steel flywheel in the boot!!!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    How much was the plate Paul?? The knobhead that sold me the Black car put a standard DM flywheel and clutch back in it which according to Jabba, wont last 100 miles.......although it seems to be up to the job as long as I don't try and step off it at 6K

Can't remember off hand Mike but give Bill a call or ask him when you pop down for the dyno...

<tuffty/>

Pat
    3rd Gear

Status
    After popping down to andys unit today i looked properly at my old clutch..

Turns out MTM special conversion is actually a LUK DM and cover and a 4paddle sachs plate

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    After popping down to andys unit today i looked properly at my old clutch..

Turns out MTM special conversion is actually a LUK DM and cover and a 4paddle sachs plate
    Yep.... bloke who recommended the setup to me said the same...

<tuffty/>

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post

you may be surprised how long it does last mike

sachs plate was 255+vat from memory
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Pat
    3rd Gear

Status
    Think ill go with this setup, its done will with my old setup so ill give it ago and i have a budget