Audi A3 Facelift in 2000 or 2001?

DelBoyUK

Reaction score
Just a little confused.

I see all the guides saying that the Audi A3 under went a slight revamp in 2001.

Yet there are plenty of 2000 X reg cars that have the facelift dash/rear lights e.t.c

Or was there another revamp in 2001!!

Does anyone know the full details of what the revamp in 2000/2001 included? (I think they also played with the suspension a bit)

The face lift was billed as the 2001 model but as some X reg cars overlapped into 2001 there will be some cars on X plates that are facelift.

IIR 2000 was the first year that the UK went to 2 registrations a year, in preperation for the new plates. W (March) and X (August) were 2000 plates and so Y did not start until March 2001 hence the X reg overlap, in August 2001 the 51 plates came out and so on.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ashs3 said:
The face lift was billed as the 2001 model but as some X reg cars overlapped into 2001 there will be some cars on X plates that are facelift.

IIR 2000 was the first year that the UK went to 2 registrations a year, in preperation for the new plates. W (March) and X (August) were 2000 plates and so Y did not start until March 2001 hence the X reg overlap, inf August 2001 the 51 plates came out and so on.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah excellent, was hoping it was something like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Also do you know what they changed in the facelift?

Um lots,

Few main changes were one piece headlights, interior mainly, leather gear lever with chrome rings, illuminated air vent controls, chrome ring and Audi badge on steering wheel, mostly cosmetic stuff. Would def get a facelift model though.

Probably the time for these again
56361-Audi_A3_facelift_cutaway_front.jpg

56362-Audi_A3_facelift_cutaway_rear.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Wow thanks for the all the info, especially those last pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wow a definitive guide. I would recommend to the administrators they put this in the sticky section so new comers can find this information straight off.

[ QUOTE ]
Bigshout said:
Wow a definitive guide. I would recommend to the administrators they put this in the sticky section so new comers can find this information straight off.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a buyers guide at the top of this forum! Not sure it has these pics though! Maybe worth adding them to the thread?

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Bigshout said:

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a buyers guide at the top of this forum! Not sure it has these pics though! Maybe worth adding them to the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good Man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Anything to raise his post count! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Good Man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Anything to raise his post count! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif