Detecting problems using Rolling Road

I

imported_gek

Hi all, having been reading about hoses splitting etc recently, I've just wondered whether all problems like this would be easily diagnosed if the car was put on a rolling road.
I'm not mechanically minded myself at all, so the thought of replacing a hose is a bit daunting, and I'd rather leave it to the experts.

replacing a hose is [censored] easy my man jus a couple of jubilee clips. u can inspect them for splits. v easy to c 4 yourself

Easy, as long as it is the small U pipe (this is the most common failure) it can be rectified with a Samco 135 Deg pipe (13mm) at around £13.00 +P&P.

See post
http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=1,10,15,105,200,900,1000&Board=a3s3&Number=126365&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

If not and it is the large hose above the U pipe that has split, then this requires the bumper off and drivers headlight out in order to attach the bottom of the hose to the inlet.

I would say that a rolling road report would show any major power loss on the BHP chart.
Also from what people have said the turbo hiss will be louder and your MPG will be lower than normal.

Hope this helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Answer is yes.

I had my car on the rr and I had lost 30hp.

Only thing is the company that rant the rr did not spot the leak untill the second run. Even then, diagnosed the wrong hose.

Funnily enough, they diagnosed the most expensive hose (£125) and not the hose with all the oil round it, that would have been my first guess (£13) and I'm no mechanic!