help new clutch acting up

bansheeboyo

Reaction score
hi guys hows it going ??
i have just had a new clutch fitted picked the car up from the garage tonight ,the biting point is near the bottom and mid way the clutch is fully engaged.
Also the clutch feels rather light ,sort of like when you have air in your brakes /no effort at all to push ,is this how a new clutch acts?? ,never owned anything new in my life so dunno .
cheers scott

Low pedal means new, hight pedal worn out, all sounds good to me. different make pressure plates can make the pedal feel different(the number of prongs).

Light is good providing it's engaging and disengaging ok. You must have got used to wearing the leadboot

What clutch/flywheel combo is fitted? if you have a std/OEM clutch/DMF then all should be good and look at getting the thing bled... if you have had a single mass flywheel fitted and some other random clutch combo then the clutch plate/cover/flywheel combination could well be wrong as any differences in machining of any of these will alter the bite point of the clutch... only way round that is to change the clutch/flywheel combo for something matched that is known to work...

<tuffty/>

Mine was noticeably lighter after replacing... bite point is difficult to say as the paddle plate is grabby compared to the std plate...

<tuffty/>

I've just bought an S3 and whilst there's some history, there's no evidence of a clutch change but the biting point is right on the floor... Could it be that it just needs bleeding, or has someone put a new clutch in there for me! If so, it's remap time!!!!

Just had a new standard clutch and d/m flywheel fitted on mine and the clutch feels so much lighter than before, completely different...

One thing I'm not liking if anyone knows the problem is when I put my foot down and change gear the revs seem to stay up for longer than they did before so I'm having to slow the change a bit, or bump up the revs a bit on change so that it's smooth which doesn't seem right,

Any help would be appreciated, sorry for the hyjack !

Yep same here, clutch changed and the pedal was light to begin with but a few 1000 miles later its a bit heavier and the biting point is more obvious.

The same phantom clutch switch problem I hope changing the switch actually fixes it.

Cheap - yes, easy - yes, fix - maybe maybe not. I've swapped mine 3 times and it still jumps by 100 rpms on gear change.

Back to see my mechanic then, he's gonna cringe when he sees me... Lol

Its very easy to do by yourself, might be worth trying it before forking out for some one else to do it. I've had switches apart and everything and I still can't get it to go away.