Anti roll bars which ones?

sp84

Reaction score
Hiya I need new front and rear anti roll bars for my 2000 s3 and I wanted to no which ones are the best 1s to go for. The car has been lowered 60/40 thanks.

ive got Neuspeed, 22mm up front and 19mm at the back, it has significantly reduced the understeer

Whats your budget like? The R32 arb's are a very good cheaper alternative to the neuspeed setup.

Budget is around £200 to £300 for both roll bars

I've got ap racing shocks and springs

i have bought a 23 mm r32 roll bar with some standard bushes, getting the rear one also to go with my bilsteins and H&Rs, hopefully it will get rid of the horrible understeer

You mean you did, the remnants are all over the front of Bills place neatly arranged around the speed bump. :laugh:

Front one was a bit of a nightmare had to drop the subframe rear was a breeze did it in half a day though on the road

Personally I don't think the R32 bars make enough difference.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I fitted The R32 arb`s , rear first then front a few months later and they make a hell of a difference over the std ARB. The rear is the most noticable.

19mm front and 16mm rear, i like tobe different :).

OEM ones out the box are a bit soft, upgraded ones are generally bigger, so stiffer, making the car corner more flatley.

So....it will compromise the overall quality ? A step worse than putting 18" instead of the standard 17!

So....it will compromise the overall quality ? A step worse than putting 18" instead of the standard 17!

Are you talking about ride quality here? ARBs don't effect ride quality as such when going in a straight line, they simply reduce body roll when leaning into corners, but you need half decent/uprated shock absorbers to make the most of bigger ones, as they are obviously stiffer and give more work for your suspension to do, should you hit some bumps mid corner.

Will the ARB's from Mk4 golf TDI 4motion (6spd) fit to S3?
Found out that those have same diameter than R32 bars (23/19mm).

Neuspeeds with billies and h&r's here! Handles wicked!

H&R roll bars here. Massive difference over standard.

Will the ARB's from Mk4 golf TDI 4motion (6spd) fit to S3?
Found out that those have same diameter than R32 bars (23/19mm).
Think you'd better re-check because I'm sure the rear (if not front aswell) is the same as the S3 bars.

i notice everyone talking about using H&R springs with the billys........when i was researching everyone was saying eibach prok kit springs were best..............can anyone comment?

I used the eibachs and to be brutally honest they seem softer than oem. i know they are meant to be progressive but i feel like i am in a jelly car sometimes!................does this sound like other people's experience at all?

are the eibach better / worse than H&R for the springs?

(s3 btw).

which out or the two do you think gives the best balance to an s3, H&R 25mm/21mm or Eibach 26mm/24mm

which out or the two do you think gives the best balance to an s3, H&R 25mm/21mm or Eibach 26mm/24mm

Both will improve current set up.

Not many, if anyone, will have tried both on their actual cars and few will have experienced both of your choices on other vehicles under the stresses of, shall we say, enthusiastic driving which is where you'd really notice real body roll and the benefits of either.

Essentially, I was in a similar situation and I wanted to just correct the understeer as best i could and taking the advice from various forums and agencies, felt that the H&R's gave the car the best balance. On the car, they feel great and I don't regret them...and that's my point as both of your options will be a great improvement and whichever you choose is likely to be something you will be recommended soon. It's a case of you say tomatoes...i say tomatoes.

Hope this helps