EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Audi A-Trizzle!

Status

New Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust sytem fitted (thanks longlife)

Hi All,

just thought i would let you all know about my pleasurable experience with Longlife exhausts Northampton (since most of the posts on here are negative )

Anyway i booked my appointment in a few weeks ago after bombarding him with questions etc (after reading a few dodgy things on here) and all seemed great. I got i nice text earlier in the week with a reminder .

Popped in on Saturday greeted with a nice welcome then we discuss my options for tailpipes and pipe diameter etc.

I went for a 2.5" diameter the whole way through (cat back) and a nice twin pipe exit on the back box. 3 hours later and my system was all finished with nice stainless steel clamps and hangers

he fired it up and got a lovely rumble from the back not excessive just right in my opinion. I went for the mid sport option which has that nice quiet purr when cruising and the roar when putting ur foot down. Excellent service and quality start to finish! Would recommend to anyone

All for 299 (cat back) fitted with a lifetime warrenty

Ill post a pic up tonight (at work at the moment) ill try get a video aswell

Oh and those who said a cat back doesn't do anything for power i would beg to differ. I can definitely feel extra torque bottom end which is now evident by wheel spinning in 2nd gear

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Sounds Good Dave get the vid/pics up.....

S3 DCY

Status
    get some pics/vids up !
    sell it to me ! haha

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    will do lads ill put them up tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by dancarpy View Post
    get some pics/vids up !
    sell it to me ! haha
    not a chance im selling it i love it! lol cant wait to drive my car now i find myself driving for the sake of it just to hear it go

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

S3 DCY

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post

not a chance im selling it i love it! lol cant wait to drive my car now i find myself driving for the sake of it just to hear it go

i meant be a business man ! and interest me into a longlife exhaust ! lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi All,

just thought i would let you all know about my pleasurable experience with Longlife exhausts Northampton (since most of the posts on here are negative )
    Hi

Just thought I would say thank you for the positive review of our Northampton Franchise. I'm sure that Chris will be very pleased to hear about it and i'll pass on your comments. As a network we do try to get it right and will be the first to put our hands up when we don't. It's always nicve to see something good written about us though so thank you again.

Regards

Jason - Longlife Exhausts

6th Gear

Status
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    DAve....You're a CHAV!! lol
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    DAve....You're a CHAV!! lol
    lol thanks! ... ur car IS orange btw

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status

quick video on the drive best i could do on my phone in the dark :D

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    let me know if the above works. i cant view it at work

6th Gear

Status
    yeah it works, sounds good too
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    It works, doesn't sound much different to std on that vid

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    might be a mixture of sound quality and the fact the engine wasnt very warm. ill try get a moving one

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    yeah, milltek would drown that out on just tickover... may need carboning up first....

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    yeh ill try another vid in a few weeks but i dont think the video does it justice! and i didnt want it too loud so i went for the mid sport (think it has an extra silencer) rather than the full shabang BWAAAARP

Chugger

Status
    that is quite a difference in price compared to miltek. Iv been looking for a new exhaust, might have a hunt around the various custom places near me.

I think it sounds good, the extra silencer is a must. Dont want to be sounding like a tw@tlapper
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    always best to do the twatlaps in stealth ey Jameas :P

Jason: May I ask why the price differs to much from branch to branch?

I enquired about exactly this kind of system, a 2.5'' catback midsport system with twin 2.5'' tailpipes at my local Basingstoke Longlife dealer, and got quoted 379 for the exact same system Dave just bought at 299.

299 is around 60 cheaper than a milltek, so for a custom exhaust, is a great prospect, but at 379, it's not such an attractive deal costing more than a milltek

Cheers

Nick
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

6th Gear

Status
    Some of the "long life " systems are a low grade stainless ( higher iron content i think ) and this can meen they start to "rust " as in have rusty looking spots on the rear box and tail pipes, This has happened to a few local lads cars i know. when they have gone back all the company has done is buff away the marks and say its all good, for it to happen again three months after.
    My Miltek rear box is still like a mirror and has been on the car over 3 years
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    If it has rusting forming on the surface it is probably 430 grade...see if a magnet sticks to it

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    all longlife exhausts should be Type 304. Paul what branch did ur mates get em from then?