New Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust sytem fitted (thanks longlife)

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi All,

just thought i would let you all know about my pleasurable experience with Longlife exhausts Northampton (since most of the posts on here are negative :laugh:)

Anyway i booked my appointment in a few weeks ago after bombarding him with questions etc (after reading a few dodgy things on here) and all seemed great. I got i nice text earlier in the week with a reminder :happy:.

Popped in on Saturday greeted with a nice welcome then we discuss my options for tailpipes and pipe diameter etc.

I went for a 2.5" diameter the whole way through (cat back) and a nice twin pipe exit on the back box. 3 hours later and my system was all finished with nice stainless steel clamps and hangers :w00t:

he fired it up and got a lovely rumble from the back not excessive just right in my opinion. I went for the mid sport option which has that nice quiet purr when cruising and the roar when putting ur foot down. Excellent service and quality start to finish! Would recommend to anyone :)

All for £299 (cat back) fitted with a lifetime warrenty ;)

Ill post a pic up tonight (at work at the moment) ill try get a video aswell :yum:

Oh and those who said a cat back doesn't do anything for power i would beg to differ. I can definitely feel extra torque bottom end which is now evident by wheel spinning in 2nd gear :laugh:

will do lads ill put them up tonight!

:) get some pics/vids up !
sell it to me ! haha

not a chance im selling it i love it! lol cant wait to drive my car now i find myself driving for the sake of it just to hear it go:jump:

will do lads ill put them up tonight!

not a chance im selling it i love it! lol cant wait to drive my car now i find myself driving for the sake of it just to hear it go:jump:

i meant be a business man ! and interest me into a longlife exhaust ! lol

Hi All,

just thought i would let you all know about my pleasurable experience with Longlife exhausts Northampton (since most of the posts on here are negative :laugh:)

Hi

Just thought I would say thank you for the positive review of our Northampton Franchise. I'm sure that Chris will be very pleased to hear about it and i'll pass on your comments. As a network we do try to get it right and will be the first to put our hands up when we don't. It's always nicve to see something good written about us though so thank you again.

Regards

Jason - Longlife Exhausts

quick video on the drive best i could do on my phone in the dark :D

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh ill try another vid in a few weeks but i dont think the video does it justice! and i didnt want it too loud so i went for the mid sport (think it has an extra silencer) rather than the full shabang BWAAAARP

that is quite a difference in price compared to miltek. Iv been looking for a new exhaust, might have a hunt around the various custom places near me.

I think it sounds good, the extra silencer is a must. Dont want to be sounding like a tw@tlapper

always best to do the twatlaps in stealth ey Jameas :p

Jason: May I ask why the price differs to much from branch to branch?

I enquired about exactly this kind of system, a 2.5'' catback midsport system with twin 2.5'' tailpipes at my local Basingstoke Longlife dealer, and got quoted £379 for the exact same system Dave just bought at £299.

£299 is around £60 cheaper than a milltek, so for a custom exhaust, is a great prospect, but at £379, it's not such an attractive deal costing more than a milltek

Cheers

Nick

Some of the "long life " systems are a low grade stainless ( higher iron content i think ) and this can meen they start to "rust " as in have rusty looking spots on the rear box and tail pipes, This has happened to a few local lads cars i know. when they have gone back all the company has done is buff away the marks and say its all good, for it to happen again three months after.
My Miltek rear box is still like a mirror and has been on the car over 3 years

all longlife exhausts should be Type 304. Paul what branch did ur mates get em from then?