EM TuningChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

new vcds owner help please

K guys i bitt the bullet and purchased the pukka Rosstech item expecting delivery tm , so will add myself to list of helpfull owners map as soon as i get upto speed with it , havent used one before so bit ignorant of the procedures , have read through the vcds new owners links on the forum and just wanted to know if any u guys could give me some pointers on what to check and more importantly how to check things for first plug in

current known probs with car = clutch switch ( new switch purchased and ready to go ) = high revs on clutch press +
    terrible misfire at cold start( only manifested its ugly head during the cold snap ) but only after the car has been sitting over night , behaves normally if outside temp is above +4 deg so wonder if its maybe related to the ac cut off thing ???

any helpfull tips greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    The trickest thing is finding the correct port your USB connects to. First go to options and test your port and save it. Then you can do a full systems check by using the auto scan function. Its a pretty easy system to use, just takes a bit of messing around with.
    Here is a good link for block measuring and the likes Vag-Com Data Logging FAQ and How To

The clutch switch will not necessilary get rid of the over rev problem. Changed mine last week and didnt cure the issue, (its a little better) its a bit of a mystery problem that nobody really has a definitive cure for. Sensors, batterys and other things tend to go a bit daft in the cold so just do an engine scan with your shiny new vagcom and it should highlight any issues and start from there.

1st Gear

Status
    cheers Talentwalsh