new vcds owner help please

8YA335TDI1STED

Reaction score
K guys i bitt the bullet and purchased the pukka Rosstech item expecting delivery tm , so will add myself to list of helpfull owners map as soon as i get upto speed with it , havent used one before so bit ignorant of the procedures , have read through the vcds new owners links on the forum and just wanted to know if any u guys could give me some pointers on what to check and more importantly how to check things for first plug in

current known probs with car = clutch switch ( new switch purchased and ready to go ) = high revs on clutch press +
terrible misfire at cold start( only manifested its ugly head during the cold snap ) but only after the car has been sitting over night , behaves normally if outside temp is above +4 deg so wonder if its maybe related to the ac cut off thing ???

any helpfull tips greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

The trickest thing is finding the correct port your USB connects to. First go to options and test your port and save it. Then you can do a full systems check by using the auto scan function. Its a pretty easy system to use, just takes a bit of messing around with.
Here is a good link for block measuring and the likes Vag-Com Data Logging FAQ and How To

The clutch switch will not necessilary get rid of the over rev problem. Changed mine last week and didnt cure the issue, (its a little better) its a bit of a mystery problem that nobody really has a definitive cure for. Sensors, batterys and other things tend to go a bit daft in the cold so just do an engine scan with your shiny new vagcom and it should highlight any issues and start from there.