Green Stuff or Red Stuff pads?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I want to change the pads on my car for improved braking (I know you can't really improve the standard brakes LOL) and to reduce brake dust.

I will be using the standard discs as I've heard they bite better due to them being softer, but which ones? Green or Red?

Cheers Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
velcro said:
i've just put green stuff on the back but when it comes to doing the front i'll definatly go for red, probably with the ebc grooved discs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont do it. As per the whole Green/Red debate i took time to speak to EBC themselves and explained my situation to them. I currently have Greenstuff all round with EBC discs all round. I was told i should not be running greenstuff and should change to redstuff. Not just the front, but all 4 pads as it wasnt a good idea to run a mixture of green and reds. Ok, so maybe he was just trying to get me to buy a full set, but considering he offered me a good price due to me being wrongly sold the greenstuff in the first place id still be inclined to take his advice and not mix the 2.

pagid fast road pads i've been impressed with personally

No mate, he didnt say why he just said its not a good idea, and not to just replace the fronts.

it doesnt really make much difference to be honest... Im running porkers at the front and using greenstuff rear pads with no ill-effect... red stuff fronts wont be anywhere near as powerful on standard callipers so it wont be a problem.

Rich

I'd stay away from EBC completely... i've had a few sets and they have all warped within 5k miles...

Mixing red and green wouldn't be a good idea as they work at different temps.. the greens would bite a lot better cold so if on rear might move the bias to the rear?