Project Build S3 FAK

Yeah you got ripped off pat, haha.

Hurry up with the pics.

Had a text off andy this morning as he wants to road test it but some idiot (i.e me) hasnt dropped off the bumpers..

So ill be off there tomoz morning with camera in hand and bumpers in other.. Really hoping for a lil drive as its been 6 months..

To give you a very rough idea from memory

Turbo £1300
Stroker Kit £1500
Ferrera Valves springs retainers etc £800.00
Clutch £600.00
Mounts £200.00
Big Port Head £200.00
Porting by Ian H @ Area six £350.00
Manifold £300 ish
Injectors £300 ish
Intercooler AH Fab £350ish
Pipework £100.00
Silicon hoses coolant, vac, boost 300.00ish

These are what i can remember so far it was all the little things like cambelts, waterpump, tensioner, all new bearings etc etc

Then i have andys labour, still aint put in things like downpipe fabrication, intake fab

It all adds up.. Maybe not quite 8k but not far off

Scary when you add it all up which is why I haven't.... LOL!!

Of course that doesn't take into account suspension, brakes and other such stuff that we all add to the mix...

<tuffty/>

Go on tuffty :)

Its not realistic for me to do a break down and mine wouldn't include labour as I have done it all myself (with help from Bill of course) but I suspect I have spent as much if not more (from getting it from the car I bought to what it is now) than I paid for the car originally 2 years ago...

<tuffty/>

The budget (does it ever really exist? Should i say the figure in my head instead? lol) that ive got for my build doesnt even come to that. But fair one as you have to pay labour too.

Its VERY scary when you add it all up..

As tufty says i aint added my bilsteins, arbs, rear arms, brakes, exhaust etc etc.. All that i have fitted myself but when it comes to internals i aint got the confidence to do it myself..

If Im honest its cost alot more than i orginally planned BUT hopefully it will be worth it.. I already have another shopping list ready to order once i got some funds back...

As i said earlier im down there in morning so i will try get as many pics as possible..

Last edited:
Oh it is in deed. Hats off to you chaps. Get an S3 as fast as an RS Audi is an achievement

Now delete this before the wives see this

Rick will send me some pics of engine from rear when it was out the car..

For now heres one as where we stand at min.. Needs a good clean

IMG00381-20110430-0843.jpg

IMG00383-20110430-0849.jpg

IMG00384-20110430-0919.jpg

IMG00385-20110430-0923.jpg

IMG00386-20110430-0923.jpg

White Hoses

IMG00387-20110430-0923.jpg

IMG00388-20110430-0923.jpg

Everything wrapped

IMG00389-20110430-0943.jpg

Last edited:
Well had the car out end of last week.. all seems well.. just taking it nice and steady at mo

Quick pic of bumper on the car

IMG00411-20110509-0852.jpg

Let me get her all cleaned back up.. got about 7 months dust to get rid of

Well after a couple of teething probs i will finally pick it up tomoz...

ooooooooooooooooh, a gt30 build that's actually finished :) awesome!

So, Project 400. Did you make it?

All i wanna do at min is drive the ****** thing...

I have spoke to Ian Howell who ported my head to sort me some camshafts as i only have the standard ones in at mo..

I will her all cleaned up at weekend and get some proper pics..

Still got plenty to do..

Cams and inlet are def next

I have only done about 350 miles so far but withno issues

Looking nice pat.

How does it drive? What you planning on doing with the cams and inlet?

Not done any logs at min...

Just get some miles on her.. Drives really nice and very responsive

Well lil update...

Done pretty much 1000 miles of running the new lump in.. Was going through mc ds late of night and as i went to pull off i heard a funny noise which i wasnt happy with.. next morning straight to Lincoln VW spec to andy and turns out my old chain tensioner was playing up.. so left the car there to get it sorted..

New one on and 500 quid later shes fine..

We are running the car on revos stage 3 software, so andy was been out this week playing with some settings.. Unfortunately the air flow meter let go, so andy went straight to TPS at newark and picked up a new one and fitted it there and then..

He has set the car to 1.4 bar for now.. Its capable of more but have a few issues to sort... Main one been fueling i need a bigger pump.. the uprated internal one just isnt upto it..

The other issue is the under bonnet temps are quite high.. Andy is moving the battery into boot to allow more air flow and also i need to sort the air filter out..

All in all the car pulls very strong soo far.. but for now im just gunna run it as it is.. as i have spent pretty much all i have at mo.. lol

Ge the fuel pump sorted and if you still need more fuel then i have a 4 bar FPR in the workshop i that i don't need so thats should up the CC of your injectors to over 600cc

What pump you and tufty running???

Does our s3's run a 3 or 4 bar pump as standard?

So are LCR one's 4 bar, heard alot of people saying they are but unsure how true that is.

Thanks tufty.

Can you buy 4 bar intank pumps?

Ermmm... not about the pressure dude, its all about flow... inline pumps flow more fuel and can maintain higher pressures... with the right injectors etc there is no need for a 4bar FPR

No need to change the pump or add an inline for a K04 not even a hybrid... std intank (providing its in good nick) is man enough... S3 pumps are as good as it gets anyway... for BT stuff then its really best to fit an inline... the intank is used as a lift pump to supply the inline... ideally you would use a swirl pot or a surge tank as well but there isn't the room underneath an S3 sadly..

Fully Enclosed FP34 044 Fuel Surge Tank - 034 MOTORSPORT

Integrated Engineering Billet Surge Tank- Submerged 044 Pump

<tuffty/>

No power figures yet then pat?

Sorry to hear about all the problems! Hope it's all worth it in the end :)