Removing stereo...?

mark_sarah

Limp mode!
Reaction score
I had to disconnect the battery recently on my S3, and this has caused my stereo to request the code. I do have the code it is attached to the top of the stereo, but i cannot get the stereo out to get the code. I visited my local car audio supplier, and Audi dealer, and both have told me it is jammed in there.
I'm not going to just rip it out, as i only bought it new 3 months ago!!
I have tried removing parts of the dash to view the code, but with no joy.

What are my options? Or any ideas?
How do you remove the air vent above the stereo?
Anyone got a close up picture of the mechanism that holds in a standard stereo? So i can get an idea of how it works, and why it may of jammed.

Failing that, how much do main dealers normally charge to re-code stereos? And do they have to remove it from the car to do this?

Is this an 8L S3? What stereo is it?

Can you not get the keys to remove the stereo?

Its the standard 8L S3 stereo. Believe its called a Concert.

It's not the stereo that came in the car! It was a new replacement.

Audi main dealer said i will have to get the stereo out to have it re-coded, so thats that option out the window.

Now need to look at actually getting to the top of the stereo, so i can recover the code.

The only way to view the top of the stereo will be to get it out i'm afraid! The stereo cage will be in the way even if you manage to get the dash out the way.

Are you not able to remove the stereo at all even with a set of the metal pin things?

Sorted!
Got the air vent out, but no access to stereo there.
Took glovebox, and clocks out, and pushed stereo out no problem..
Written code down so no need to go through that again...

Cheers all..