EM TuningAH Fabrications

Thread: Dodgy Heater

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status

Dodgy Heater

The Black S3 appears to have a heater problem. It's not overly warm even on Hi and doesn't blow air out of the passenger side into the footwell. Anyone have any ideas?
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Maybe the pollen filter needs changing...

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Possible air lock in the matrix as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Maybe the car's seeing RED and being grumpy.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

6th Gear

Status
    seems like the new S3 is a big liability

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I would have stripped the good bits out for your ORANGE one by now....LMAO

Seriously its probably faulty flap motors, i would check vagcom and scan the HVAC

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Ver funny Joe! LOL

At the price I paid for it, there's bound to be a few small niggles with it but I can live with that.

Byz, it's going to take me a month of sundays to swap the bits over and it's so much fun to drive
    Good shout with VAG Com, I'll give it a try over the weekend
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

3rd Gear

Status
    Im suffering a similar fault,but no air problems just heater not getting hot just warm ish.

So far ive done the waterpump,thermostat etc.

Used vcds to check the operation of the hot/cold flap etc and watched it while it was moving still no problems there,tonight ive removed the matrix pipes and flushed it but nothing came out just clear water but did notice the walls of the heater hoses coated in crud from years of use,if they are in the pipes then they are in teh matrix.

So ive come to the conclusion that the matrix is just not as efficient as it was when new,so do i rip the dash out....? dont know its not bad enough fro me to do at the mo,but im going to try that rad flush to see if it can dissolve any nastys in the matrix and then replace the coolant.

If no joy then ive got to do the matrix......bugger
    James
    Silver Audi 8L S3
    97 Fireblade fully restored ...just for summer!
    My old Corrado VR6 Turbo... Click me for the build DIY style!
    and many many cars and bikes in the past!!

1st Gear

Status
    flush the heater matrix..just remove the pipes and flush forwards and backwards with water or coolant flush.
    Attach ruber hoses to both ends of the matrix in the engine bay and flush using a hosepipe.
    This solved my heating problems.
    Flushing it helped removed the years of crap built up in the matrix.

Reverse Gear

Status

Hot/Cold air flap

Hi guys, I'm ONLY getting cold air outta my vents. I guess I should first look at the hot/cold air flap before the heater matrix.

I'm newish to my '01 S3 - can someone help point me out to where's the best way to look at/get to this flap?

Also - where is the heater matrix? I guess I need to be looking at that next.

My S3 also takes a while to get to 90 degrees celsius. I get on the highway right away and at just under 10 degrees outside, it hovers at 60-70 until I get off the highway and idle at the traffic lights. Then it gets to 90 and stays there.

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AudiS3-Turbo View Post
    Im suffering a similar fault,but no air problems just heater not getting hot just warm ish.

So far ive done the waterpump,thermostat etc.

Used vcds to check the operation of the hot/cold flap etc and watched it while it was moving still no problems there,tonight ive removed the matrix pipes and flushed it but nothing came out just clear water but did notice the walls of the heater hoses coated in crud from years of use,if they are in the pipes then they are in teh matrix.

So ive come to the conclusion that the matrix is just not as efficient as it was when new,so do i rip the dash out....? dont know its not bad enough fro me to do at the mo,but im going to try that rad flush to see if it can dissolve any nastys in the matrix and then replace the coolant.

If no joy then ive got to do the matrix......bugger

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    See if you can hear the flaps moving, from hot to cold....
    It should get to 90 fairly quick with no hovering around 60-70