Dodgy Heater

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
The Black S3 appears to have a heater problem. It's not overly warm even on Hi and doesn't blow air out of the passenger side into the footwell. Anyone have any ideas?

I would have stripped the good bits out for your ORANGE one by now....LMAO

Seriously its probably faulty flap motors, i would check vagcom and scan the HVAC

Ver funny Joe! LOL

At the price I paid for it, there's bound to be a few small niggles with it but I can live with that.

Byz, it's going to take me a month of sundays to swap the bits over and it's so much fun to drive :)
Good shout with VAG Com, I'll give it a try over the weekend

Im suffering a similar fault,but no air problems just heater not getting hot just warm ish.

So far ive done the waterpump,thermostat etc.

Used vcds to check the operation of the hot/cold flap etc and watched it while it was moving still no problems there,tonight ive removed the matrix pipes and flushed it but nothing came out just clear water but did notice the walls of the heater hoses coated in crud from years of use,if they are in the pipes then they are in teh matrix.

So ive come to the conclusion that the matrix is just not as efficient as it was when new,so do i rip the dash out....? dont know its not bad enough fro me to do at the mo,but im going to try that rad flush to see if it can dissolve any nastys in the matrix and then replace the coolant.

If no joy then ive got to do the matrix......******

flush the heater matrix..just remove the pipes and flush forwards and backwards with water or coolant flush.
Attach ruber hoses to both ends of the matrix in the engine bay and flush using a hosepipe.
This solved my heating problems.
Flushing it helped removed the years of crap built up in the matrix.

Hi guys, I'm ONLY getting cold air outta my vents. I guess I should first look at the hot/cold air flap before the heater matrix.

I'm newish to my '01 S3 - can someone help point me out to where's the best way to look at/get to this flap?

Also - where is the heater matrix? I guess I need to be looking at that next.

My S3 also takes a while to get to 90 degrees celsius. I get on the highway right away and at just under 10 degrees outside, it hovers at 60-70 until I get off the highway and idle at the traffic lights. Then it gets to 90 and stays there.

Thanks!!!

Im suffering a similar fault,but no air problems just heater not getting hot just warm ish.

So far ive done the waterpump,thermostat etc.

Used vcds to check the operation of the hot/cold flap etc and watched it while it was moving still no problems there,tonight ive removed the matrix pipes and flushed it but nothing came out just clear water but did notice the walls of the heater hoses coated in crud from years of use,if they are in the pipes then they are in teh matrix.

So ive come to the conclusion that the matrix is just not as efficient as it was when new,so do i rip the dash out....? dont know its not bad enough fro me to do at the mo,but im going to try that rad flush to see if it can dissolve any nastys in the matrix and then replace the coolant.

If no joy then ive got to do the matrix......******