3" Tip Installation Results

Barks

Reaction score
Hello,

After buying the Badger5 3" Tip bits and Cone Filter from Bill, I thought I would post the results,

My car is a S3, Standard K04-22, Miltek, 3" downpipe, sport cat.

The first log is from a while ago but nothing has changed since with Silicone Tip and Green Panel Filter:-

Pre3InchTIP.jpg

Post 3" Tip and Cone Filter:-

Post3InchTIP.jpg

As it is clear to see there is definitely a difference in mass air flow, as before I stuggled to see greater than 200g/s. I know they are not the best logs (3rd Gear) 4th would be better

Obviously a Dyno would be the real proof but looks good to me.....

nice results, I went to Bills yesterday so he could get some official figures with the dyno but we didn't even get to even installing it as it turns out my car is running uber lean and the timing pull hit 12! But those are some awesome results

Last edited:
Cool, that will be the real proof! I will have to log the timing pulls on mine (forgot about them).

Did Bill think the lean ness may be due to the 3" tip?

Cool, that will be the real proof! I will have to log the timing pulls on mine (forgot about them).

Did Bill think the lean ness may be due to the 3" tip?

Didn't fit the TIP in the end... Danes S3 is wideband so any mild change in airflow would be adjusted out by the ECU.... something else is afoot methinks but Dane is on the case... will be testing this again soon hopefully..

<tuffty/>

Oops should of been more clear lean-ness and timing nothing to do with the tip just my car, sorry.

Edit: I've edited my first post to reflect the above

Last edited:
oh we like that..
nice one Dave.. thats a great result.
thankyou for posting..

Roll up Roll up... these are ready and shipping now in blue and black colours

Need to do a few more runs I think and as you say in 4th. The airflow is completely different up the revs.

The air flow is definately different though out the rev range, but I do need some 4th gear pulls but it is a bit icy at the mo.

It does seem like it wants to pull a bit more higher up the rev range where it usually runs out of puff, and it make a little more noise when the foot is flat to the floor (in a good way! nice turbo sound).

I will have to try some more logging with the ignition pull and in 4th for some longer better logs.

sounds great. how does it compare to forge one? anyone know. in theory i see it should a fair bit better

ahh so it seems to be better higher up in the range which is good!

cheers bill

Any pics of the set up / parts bill, seams like a good breakthrough very interested nice work

My previous set up was with a Green Panel filter and a autobann Tip,

so basicly a Forge one, so there are gains to be made me thinks