AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

Whats the best induction kit / panel filter

Im sure this has been asked many times before so sorry if it has but im thinking of getting a induction kit maybe a neuspeed one and wonder whats the best one?? or is a panel filter just as good only mod i have is a revo remap and forge diverter.

i use to have a early mk4 turbo fitted with a carbonio kit which made an awesome chatter noise are the induction kit noisey?

cheers for any suggestions
    18" RS6 reps / fk wheel spacers 15mm 20mm / revo stage 1 / forge 007 diverter / Jetex cone air filter / EBC red pads.

2. # ADS
    ADS

From Show... to GO

Status
    Jetex cone filters the one you want mate

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    I like my Carbonio CAI but they are expensive

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    no induction will sound better than the carbonio i have that and a jetex. the jetex is good and safer as the carbonio on our cars sits very low to the ground which isnt great in the wet or snow as it could suck up water etc. jetex is tucked away in the engine bay so no real risk of water damage or hydrolock.

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Neutral

Status
    sadly they dont make the carbonio for the s3 otherwise ild buy one !!
    18" RS6 reps / fk wheel spacers 15mm 20mm / revo stage 1 / forge 007 diverter / Jetex cone air filter / EBC red pads.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    ahh didnt realise in that case the neuspeed one is good and the jetex seems to be top dog at the moment. Although im sure there are others they just seem to be the most popular

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

1st Gear

Status
    Just placed an order with Bill @ Badger 5 for a Jetex cone filter. Will comment on this once fitted as I currently run a piperX panel with a drilled airbox.

Looking for more sound / deeper sound on low boost. Cold air might aswell be taken full advantage of while its here I suppose

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Jetex and Bill's 3 inch TIP that should be pretty awesome.

Oh how sweet it could have been

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by djarchive View Post
    Just placed an order with Bill @ Badger 5 for a Jetex cone filter. Will comment on this once fitted as I currently run a piperX panel with a drilled airbox.

Looking for more sound / deeper sound on low boost. Cold air might aswell be taken full advantage of while its here I suppose
    nice one let me know how it is interested to hear your thoughts

1st Gear

Status
    All I can say is get Bill rang like now + get one. Noise is unbeliveable.

Will take a vid if I can be arsed sometime but take it from me... Do it

5th Gear

Status
    im going for bills 3"tip and jetex soon as have to see how it compaires to my newspeed one i like the newspeed one sounds good so cannot imagen what jetex is like
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3gazz View Post
    im going for bills 3"tip and jetex soon as have to see how it compaires to my newspeed one i like the newspeed one sounds good so cannot imagen what jetex is like
    seconded. im pretty keen to knock up a heat shield though as i want to run it all year round. anybody got a decent design for one? i think im going to base it on the jabba sport heat shield.

Just need to do all the routine service bits, replace my clutch and give bill a ring and order a tip and cone.....

5th Gear

Status
    s3dave knocked one up from my newspeed shield so it will be same as that but a bit higher to stop heat affecting the air filter
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Neutral

Status
    update since this question ive had a remap and i fitted a jetex cone filter great sound nice induction noise but not to loud and you can hear the turbo spin up nicely and a little wooosh noise when changing gear has anyone fitted a heat shield ? any pics?

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Are there any cone filters that will fit inside the OE airbox?
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by higher1 View Post
    update since this question ive had a remap and i fitted a jetex cone filter great sound nice induction noise but not to loud and you can hear the turbo spin up nicely and a little wooosh noise when changing gear has anyone fitted a heat shield ? any pics?

By d121m at 2010-11-23

By d121m at 2010-11-23

Neutral

Status
    cheers s3dave looks like im gonna have to get fabricating and stop some of the heat getting through !

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Meh, these lumps get hot and the under bonnet temps are high.

No heat shield is going to help a massive amount as the ambient under bonnet temp will still be hot.

IMO, best method of getting cooler air to the cone filters is to remove the rubber strip from the scuttle panel and remove the under bonnet cladding/sound proofing.

But that's just me. The instant I did the above, I noticed the drop in UBTs. I used to open the bonnet and feel the heat after driving, but that's not the case now. Much much cooler.

Be warned, removing the sound proofing does make the turbo quite loud, and also means you can hear the annoying sounds from the engine - injectors ticking, EVAP system etc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    what about water leaking in mate without the rubber there?

RIP S3dave

Status
    how can water leak in there? there's a lip it wont rise over
    and what if it did?
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    how can water leak in there? there's a lip it wont rise over
    and what if it did?

thats what im asking mate. would it be ok if a bit of water did get in? however unlikely. I had months of worrying about driving over a puddle with my carbonio fitted n wouldnt want to worry every time it rained if my engine was gonna get soaked or caked in snow

RIP S3dave

Status
    carbonio I would indeed worry with puddles.. hydroloc prospect.
    from the top of the scuttle, if there's an amount of water getting down thru there, you are already in deep ****.. lol
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Neutral

Status
    Anybody tried using bonnet hinge spacers to keep bay temps down?

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwoodgreens3 View Post
    Anybody tried using bonnet hinge spacers to keep bay temps down?
    guess they would do the same thing as removing that rubber strip mate

5th Gear

Status
    This reminds me - I'm still gonna cover up my standard oem box with heat resistant reflective wrap I've bought and see if that helps. Not that I'm gonna notice it in the winter!

3rd Gear

Status
    i cant understand why people are so bothered about stopping hot air entering the filter, surely thats why we have intercoolers?!

and agree with welly, removed the sound deadening and rubber strip a few weeks after i got my car an temps dropped massively!

1st Gear

Status
    The IC is there to cool the air heated by the turbo. If the turbo intake temps are low then this is passed on through the system.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro1 View Post
    i cant understand why people are so bothered about stopping hot air entering the filter, surely thats why we have intercoolers?!!
    I agree on forced iduction the temps are very high anyway....every little helps though.....

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    ....every little helps.....
    Tesco Value Induction Kit???

6th Gear

Status
    people complain about the cold air when it is cold, can't win

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    i have a hks mushroom filter and find it works fine with a 2" cold air feed straight to the filter.