Whats the best induction kit / panel filter

higher1

Reaction score
Im sure this has been asked many times before so sorry if it has but im thinking of getting a induction kit maybe a neuspeed one and wonder whats the best one?? or is a panel filter just as good only mod i have is a revo remap and forge diverter.

i use to have a early mk4 turbo fitted with a carbonio kit which made an awesome chatter noise are the induction kit noisey?

cheers for any suggestions

no induction will sound better than the carbonio i have that and a jetex. the jetex is good and safer as the carbonio on our cars sits very low to the ground which isnt great in the wet or snow as it could suck up water etc. jetex is tucked away in the engine bay so no real risk of water damage or hydrolock.

ahh didnt realise in that case the neuspeed one is good and the jetex seems to be top dog at the moment. Although im sure there are others they just seem to be the most popular

Just placed an order with Bill @ Badger 5 for a Jetex cone filter. Will comment on this once fitted as I currently run a piperX panel with a drilled airbox.

Looking for more sound / deeper sound on low boost. Cold air might aswell be taken full advantage of while its here I suppose

Jetex and Bill's 3 inch TIP :eyebrows: that should be pretty awesome.

Oh how sweet it could have been :(

Just placed an order with Bill @ Badger 5 for a Jetex cone filter. Will comment on this once fitted as I currently run a piperX panel with a drilled airbox.

Looking for more sound / deeper sound on low boost. Cold air might aswell be taken full advantage of while its here I suppose

nice one let me know how it is interested to hear your thoughts

All I can say is get Bill rang like now + get one. Noise is unbeliveable.

Will take a vid if I can be ***** sometime but take it from me... Do it

im going for bills 3"tip and jetex soon as have to see how it compaires to my newspeed one i like the newspeed one sounds good so cannot imagen what jetex is like

im going for bills 3"tip and jetex soon as have to see how it compaires to my newspeed one i like the newspeed one sounds good so cannot imagen what jetex is like

seconded. im pretty keen to knock up a heat shield though as i want to run it all year round. anybody got a decent design for one? i think im going to base it on the jabba sport heat shield.

Just need to do all the routine service bits, replace my clutch and give bill a ring and order a tip and cone.....

s3dave knocked one up from my newspeed shield so it will be same as that but a bit higher to stop heat affecting the air filter

update since this question ive had a remap and i fitted a jetex cone filter great sound nice induction noise but not to loud and you can hear the turbo spin up nicely and a little wooosh noise when changing gear has anyone fitted a heat shield ? any pics?

update since this question ive had a remap and i fitted a jetex cone filter great sound nice induction noise but not to loud and you can hear the turbo spin up nicely and a little wooosh noise when changing gear has anyone fitted a heat shield ? any pics?

20112010306.jpg

By d121m at 2010-11-23
20112010305.jpg

By d121m at 2010-11-23

cheers s3dave looks like im gonna have to get fabricating and stop some of the heat getting through !

Meh, these lumps get hot and the under bonnet temps are high.

No heat shield is going to help a massive amount as the ambient under bonnet temp will still be hot.

IMO, best method of getting cooler air to the cone filters is to remove the rubber strip from the scuttle panel and remove the under bonnet cladding/sound proofing.

But that's just me. The instant I did the above, I noticed the drop in UBTs. I used to open the bonnet and feel the heat after driving, but that's not the case now. Much much cooler.

Be warned, removing the sound proofing does make the turbo quite loud, and also means you can hear the annoying sounds from the engine - injectors ticking, EVAP system etc.

how can water leak in there? there's a lip it wont rise over
and what if it did?

thats what im asking mate. would it be ok if a bit of water did get in? however unlikely. I had months of worrying about driving over a puddle with my carbonio fitted n wouldnt want to worry every time it rained if my engine was gonna get soaked or caked in snow

carbonio I would indeed worry with puddles.. hydroloc prospect.
from the top of the scuttle, if there's an amount of water getting down thru there, you are already in deep ****.. lol

This reminds me - I'm still gonna cover up my standard oem box with heat resistant reflective wrap I've bought and see if that helps. Not that I'm gonna notice it in the winter!

i cant understand why people are so bothered about stopping hot air entering the filter, surely thats why we have intercoolers?!

and agree with welly, removed the sound deadening and rubber strip a few weeks after i got my car an temps dropped massively!

The IC is there to cool the air heated by the turbo. If the turbo intake temps are low then this is passed on through the system.

i have a hks mushroom filter and find it works fine with a 2" cold air feed straight to the filter.