APR/Revo @ Awesome GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shanejess

i would have thought that after changing over from apr to revo awesome would have got in touch with customers who had their cars mapped with apr. i had the apr stage 2 map 4 monhs ago, i rang them on the 16th and they said they had an amnesty to change over foc, i said good i will book it in, they said it finished on the 15th ie... yeterday i asked if they could do anyything and the answer was no, bottom line is i will never use awesome again.

forgive me for asking a daft question, but why would awesome give all their old APR customers a Revo map for free anyway?

Sure, it's a pretty epic offer if you only ever use awesome and you want to keep using them and have after sales service for the map on your car.

But you wouldn't expect the phones4u to swap your iphone 3g for an iphone 4 just because they don't sell the old one anymore would you.....

If they have you email address then they did actualy send out an email stating what was taking place.

i phone 3/4 is same company, if the apr map went faulty tomorrow awesome no longer have anything to do with apr big difference prawn. i think its a poor show and im sticking to it.

the issue lies with APR lack of support to the UK market, and Awesome not so easy decision to break what was a good business relationship, such was the problem it was causing them, and their customers.

There are other APR agent in the UK, so I would hope you would not be abandoned.
They did as I said make it very public on forums they advertise on.

and... one question, You chose APR in the first place over x,y,z other remaps out there, so if its running right, you would always have had the choice of REVO when originally done, unless Awesome was your preference 1st and their software offering circumstantial being what they could only offer at that time.

APR's still strong solid code.. It did'nt go bad over night did it.

No convincing of anything other than your disatisfaction of course... Shame really, as they do good work, and continue to do so.

good luck

to be fair they must have mapped hundreds if not into the thouands of cars and cant be expected to contact all people who have had there car mapped by them plus i think they have had the deal on for maybe a month or so, i had mine changed over once i noticed the offer on here.

I used Awesome last year to clean out my oil strainer, there service and knowledge were top notch or so i thought at the time. i recently serviced my agu lump only to find that they had stripped the sump and used some sort of sealant keep the sump nut tight. i dont think i would use them again! just my two pence as they say!

I'll stick up here for Awesome, Mike has been advertising this heavily - I've seen it on loads of forums, and it's been in the magazines as well - if it was such an issue to people then maybe they would have seen all the advertising? Also, this is APR's fault - they love their US market but did not give enough attention to the UK scene - which is a real shame.

I spoke to Awesome for info on my brake pads when i was in the dilemma i had. The guy said they were 100% LCR pads, i said to him i've checked and they can't be. He said his friend at Awesome has an LCR and knows it inside out and they are 100% LCR pads. WRONG. He can't know his LCR that well then if he thought i had LCR pads. In fact, they come from the rear of a Lambo Murcielago and Gallardo! *tut*

I spoke to Awesome for info on my brake pads when i was in the dilemma i had. The guy said they were 100% LCR pads, i said to him i've checked and they can't be. He said his friend at Awesome has an LCR and knows it inside out and they are 100% LCR pads. WRONG. He can't know his LCR that well then if he thought i had LCR pads. In fact, they come from the rear of a Lambo Murcielago and Gallardo! *tut*

Awesome!!

2 weeks ago, as posted my S3 window went faulty, went with a bang and catenery type wire flew out of where the window comes from totally bugered, my thermostat had been faulty for months, so i decided to have both fixed by Autograph in burnley, all new parts inc labour 167 pounds, i asked awesome for a quote the next day just for peace of mind knowing what parts had gone and what needed doing, 320 pounds plus vat. no thanks awesome.

Always had great service on orders from Awesome, at the end of the day if the offer ended on the 15th why is it unreasonable for them to say its no longer available on the 16th? I think Awesome should be commended for offering this deal in the first place not slagged off on a public forum

Always had great service on orders from Awesome, at the end of the day if the offer ended on the 15th why is it unreasonable for them to say its no longer available on the 16th? I think Awesome should be commended for offering this deal in the first place not slagged off on a public forum

Exactly its not just name calling, it is peoples livelyhoods, Awesome have got a good reputation from customer service not been cowboys or decieving people, dont forget it might be out of awesomes hands now, and it was the new map company that gave awsesome the offer......food for thought?

personally and no before anyone asks i havent bought a thing yet from awesome but my spec list i plan to buy all my parts from awesome even though some are cheaper elsewhere however i spoke to a guy there any there info he gave me was and sorry for the pun but awesome, even though i said i had no intensions in buying anything just yet regardless of discounts he still spent a good 30 mins on the phone advising which bits to do and at what stages and what to avoid he also told me if i did know anyone with an apr map to let them know about the amnesty day and i had a few different car from vauxhalls to fords and citroens and the tuners i used never gave an offer out like that, so to be fair to the guys with all the advertising they did was pretty fair of them and to top it off theyre now doing free delivery to mainland uk thru november december and £100 off ALL revo software till 31/12/2010 as an end of year sale i dont think there that bad and it isnt there fault if people havent seen the adverts till after the closing dates for the offers........

I havn`t used awesome but friends have, yes things can go wrong but thats often now their faults, as in any parts supplier there are that many little differences between each year of car never mind model that often their info they are working from is wrong. This is the same for everyone. But with the knowlage they have they are often more clued up than most so are better imo.

Awesome are one of the places Ive heard little wrong with and would trust them with my car.

the stage 2 apr map is fantastic to be honest, and i wouldnt swap it, but that doesnt mean i carnt complain if i want 2. it was just the see ya bye it finished yesterday next customer please.

Have you re read what you have just said?
The map you have is spot on and you wouldnt change it... BUT because you left it till after the deadline ( a well advertised deadline ) to ask about having a free change and they said they couldnt do it, They are a bad company????

why would i read what i said. i said it. new companys are great few overheads keen nieve maybe, then more overheads, then take friends on rather than better people than themselves, and than personal greed false smiles and nothing on their minds but profit. and then sell up 4 stone overweight with no real friends. se ya

Think this thread could be worth closing now moderators!! Its unfair for a company that is listed on this site i feel.

If someone has a personal issue with them take it up directly.

I've been more than happy with the service i've had from them and i also know thst they are a business which want to make money!!

Mind you, some of the comments are funny!!

I agree it is realisticaly an unvalid rant.
I have only used awesome a couple of time but they are always happy to help and will ive found go the extra yard to help if they can.

I have been monitoring the thread since the beginning, as it's the weekend, Awesome, as site sponsors, have not had a chance to reply yet, so I will leave it open for now.

Cheers,

Joe.

What a pointless gripe! You missed the advertising of a product change and it's their fault?! Hmmm.

Personally had superb service and to name and praise him, Dean is a top fella.

And I thought I was a pain in the backside customer asking 1000s of questions...!

Sent from my iPhone using Brown Bear

why would i read what i said. i said it. new companys are great few overheads keen nieve maybe, then more overheads, then take friends on rather than better people than themselves, and than personal greed false smiles and nothing on their minds but profit. and then sell up 4 stone overweight with no real friends. se ya
WTF.......

It's like saying Tescos shuts at Ten, and i arrived at Eleven, and even though the lights were on, no one would serve me. Despite the 3m x 1 m signs with openeing times on them.......

You missed it, and you are happy with APR that's it really isn't it?

This post of yours kinda sums you up well..

Case Closed

move on.... this trolls done.

Hello all! :)

Right, to clear a few things up: We have advertised the switch over the best we can, as many have said on all the forums we are on, in the mags on Facebook, on our website mentioned it to people that called and emailed! Due to the amount of customers that we had on the APR software we just cannot pick up the phone and call every single one. This would be extremely time consuming and if we did this other services would suffer.

With regards to the deadline - First I want to mention that REVO had been very strict and said that come the 15th NO other remaps are to be done FOC. If any are offered it would be at our cost. Second, a deadline is a deadline you tend to find that if you enquire after a deadline the offer is going to be closed?!

I would like to thank everyone that posted on this thread with good intentions and information and the very kind backing, it is very nice to have you all as customers :) Spose even you Bill ;) (Hope you are well mate, it’s been a short while)

As to the others that had an issue, the only thing that I can ever say is that if you give us a call we will upmost try our best to get anything sorted!

AwesomeMike

P.S you now may close the thread :)

I would like to thank everyone that posted on this thread with good intentions and information and the very kind backing, it is very nice to have you all as customers :) Spose even you Bill ;) (Hope you are well mate, it’s been a short while)

Your welcome. Long time no speak.. Hope alls well :thumbsup:

It's like saying Tescos shuts at Ten, and i arrived at Eleven, and even though the lights were on, no one would serve me. Despite the 3m x 1 m signs with openeing times on them.......

I'd complain to the top brass mate - those lights being on was very misleading and I would want my petrol money, out of pocket expences (chewing gum whilst reading the signs) and compensation because that really is not good enough. You knew they closed at 10 but the lights were on so they've obviously been playing mind games on you and it also mean't you couldn't get the sauce for your chips and now your chips are ruined even though you went home and ate them all anyway........

:banghead: :w00t:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not bought anything off Awesome but i have spoke to them on the phone and by email and they were always helpful and gave good service. Never once moaned about all my questions:happy:
All i can say mate is open your eyes and stop having a tantrum and take it on the chin:laugh:
Your not having any problems with your APR map so i dont really see the reason for this thread:think::happy:

Mate...
YOU have issues,
:lmfao:

:think::lmfao:

Status
Not open for further replies.