Snow = fun

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
Just had 2 hours of drifting/powerslides in a private place, in the s3......better than a sledge anyday, i would have stayed longer but £30 of V power is enough for a saturday morning.....:laugh:

i agree i was out last nite, spent £25 on fuel. so much fun and kept me warm instead of getting cold on the sledge haha

You can really feel the back trying to overtake the front, Its my first time out in the snow in the S3 and its a strange feeling when you put your foot down, Its happy to spin all 4 wheels also.

Your making me jealous damn front wheel drive rubbish lol fair play to you though id do the same.

I went out in the works van so much fun and if id damaged it i dont have to pay bonus!

Ha ha

As I've only had my A3 for 2 weeks I'M still driving it like its made of glass!!!

Used to rag my Mondeo in this kind of weather but I'm still getting used to this one and don't want to break it ( I must sound so gay lol )

I had great fun in the snow last year! :D I hate driving around in the snow but when it comes to the big empty industrial estate car park, i love it! I'll defo get some vids up!

Been driving mum's new Freelander today but i'm sure i'll have plenty of snow-time to play in the S3!
Last year was fun, found a nice (almost) deserted carpark...

I really do fancy a performance Haldex controller.

Quattro is quite handy in the snow! Im curious to see what kind of gradiant it will climb in the snow. Minus 7 when I went out this morn... Might be worth changing the antifreeze...

I dunno, i thought it was 60/40 R/F...

It certainly felt like that anyway as the rear was constantly trying to overtake me lol..

Can't wait to have fun in my quattro. Is it best to have ESP turned off? And also what is the haldex quattro like on icy roads?

Oh I know to keep it on during normal driving!! I just mean while having a bit of fun in a carpark or something. Thanks

All depends on how talented your driving skills and 'opposite lock' techniques are :p

Tuesday or Wednesday Sandip mate! Perhaps a few plays in the Trafford Centre huaaaggeee car parks? Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Brown Bear

Great fun in the snow but don't get too *****, its only as good as its tyres! Mine was better than a 2wd car going up snowy hills etc but there were a couple of occasions where i couldn't even get off my drive...Luckily the Discovery had no problems!

This weekend has been more fun on the quad and only used £6 of fuel all wkend!! COLD though!

Just a quick question... does the esp work in reverse ?
I reversed up my drive yesterday... it felt like i had all wheels spinning but the esp was still on

lol Made a lot of Saxo chavs jealous saturday night, a local car park near where I live gets filled out with chavs.... I just happened to be driving past and thought I would pull in..... 5 donuts later then left it felt so good!...

Might be keeping the RS4 insured all over christmas now lol.

My ESP is only ever on when I forget to turn it off.

Of all the problems i had in the snow, the ESP was a distant second to the ABS
I took little comfort in knowing the AWD system would probably get me out of the ditch ( esp off for this part ) that the dangerous ABS would put me in when i tried to brake on anything like snow or ice

this is my first ever quattro / haldex 4 wheel drive , last yr i had a bmw 520 which i had to dig out on several occassions , I could not believe the difference when i jumped into the S3 ( esp off ) we have close on a foot of snow here and the terrain is extremely hilly Id go as far as say I wont buy another car without the 4wheel drive Im well impressed by it , as for abs its all down to driving according to the conditions as its pretty difficult to stop a slide in any car , id say treble your braking distance on junctions

Its more the lack of feel it seems to have ,
My drive leads out onto a private lane which is only gritted if i do it... almost every time i drove/ slid down it last year the wheels would lock soooo easy it was unreal