Faulty Electric Window - Clips (S3 2003)

Poke13

Reaction score
Website
www.jcwsdesign.com
Hey guys,

I know this has been covered many times but can't quite find the info I need.

My window has the common problem of not returning to the top properly sometimes it does but it still doesnt seal to the top so not great when driving so I just don't use it.

I'm getting a garage to look into it but I reckon while its in pieces I will ask him to replace the clips for the glass does anyone have pics/part numbers for the replacement ones with metal reinforcement (off audi A6 i think).

(The remote window on the key helped me out this morning though, the doors were stuck solid even after a lot of warm water around edges and on handle the catch mech was not budging so held the button down the windows came down then I jsut used the inside handle and that worked the catch fine! Phew thought I would be there for hours, well theres a winter tip for you just make sure your windows are defrosted!). Damn those mornings!

Any help on the window clips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jonny/Poke13

mine turned out to the the regulator which cost me £110 supplied and fitted.

u can get the clips off ebay aswell though

Can you get the parts directly from Audi or TPS?

yeah the guy thinks its either the motor or regulator, will have to see but I think clips could do with being replaced anyway.

if the motor is pushing up then that will be fine and its most likely the regulator. u can get clips and regulator etc from audi and tps. Not sure about gsf or eurocarparts etc. mostly i guess

I have a geniune audi used regultor for sale if you want one?£35 plus p&p.

Hey guys,

I know this has been covered many times but can't quite find the info I need.

My window has the common problem of not returning to the top properly sometimes it does but it still doesnt seal to the top so not great when driving so I just don't use it.

I'm getting a garage to look into it but I reckon while its in pieces I will ask him to replace the clips for the glass does anyone have pics/part numbers for the replacement ones with metal reinforcement (off audi A6 i think).

(The remote window on the key helped me out this morning though, the doors were stuck solid even after a lot of warm water around edges and on handle the catch mech was not budging so held the button down the windows came down then I jsut used the inside handle and that worked the catch fine! Phew thought I would be there for hours, well theres a winter tip for you just make sure your windows are defrosted!). Damn those mornings!

Any help on the window clips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jonny/Poke13

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/22915-faulty-s3-electric-window-fix.html

Any audi clip would work from 1997-2003 they all use the same clip, if there is movement in one direction then its likley to be only one clips broken.
this is the guid I used, the only thing it doesn't cover is if you completly remove the regulator, then you need to drill the riverts out and insert bolts/nuts and warsher in its place YouTube - Audi A6 Power Window Repair

Yeah deffo the clips, done two a3s now. There is no special metal version, but there is a subtle redesign between old and new. So hopefully shouldn't happen again.

if you live in brum and need clips i have some going free after i bought a door subframe expecting to replace them and it was the regulator that was stuffed.. even then i only paid like 40 quid for the whole lot!!

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry hadnt checked for a while wish there was a way of setting up email alerts, is there??

I will def check out/print the guide for the garage.

Thanks for the links and the offer on the used item (think I will have to go for new though plus the cars in on 30/11/2010 tuesday afternoon).

Will let you know how it goes, wish I could say to the guy right heres a crappy old camera take pics while you do it but I reckon that would be taking the p**s!