iPod

[/ QUOTE ]
Off topic, but while we'd all like to give them a kicking - (A) you may come off worse. And (B), you'd end up getting charged by the police if you didn't. I'd rather take the insurance cheque... it's a piece of metal and can be replaced - family and lives can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/offtopic.gifNOT wanting to start a fracas but just pray you never have to be in such a situation to have to make the actual choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif Whilst I agree with your sentiments I am under no illusion as to what might happen in reality possibly complicated even further if you have family.....I keep praying and wishing nice, nice thoughts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmy.gif

...coming back "on topic" though, we most certainly will not make it easier for the scumbags so hiding keys, storing the cars elsewhere whilst on holiday etc etc etc are some of the measures we employ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Pray that none of us here ever have to be put in that position.

I eliminated these horor scenarios by buying my Jack-It system. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

COME ON, if you buy such expensive cars as M3s, why not install this nifty £260 anti-theft/carjack stuff (2 hours to fit), none of the rob-stories I read on this BBS upto today would have been possible with this C3000/P jackit system, and you wouldn't have to go through all this insurance/stress/fearsome situations as some sadly had to...

When I receive my new SMG in 2 weeks, I drive STRAIGHT to my Jack-It dealer, splash £260, wait 2 hours and drive off with peace of mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif

ps: I'm not affiliated at all with Jackit, but I can assure you I am NEVER worried of having my car nicked, perhaps one day the !?$#! will TRY, but I know they won't get far anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/finger.gif

My 2 cents... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleeping_2.gif

http://www.jack-it.be

go for the C3000/P, as I heard their C5000/P doesn't add anything useful and the keypad of that one is prone to malfunctioning, I was told by my installer.

(ps: although their website doesn't list a UK dealer, give them a ring, I did aswell and they gave me some dealer addresses not listed on their website for Belgium aswell...)

yuo can 'setup' the effects as you wish. Mine is set up as follows:

drive 50ft distance before the system checks for the card presence (1 short beep)
if card is found, acknowledged by 3 short beeps, system will shut down automatically
system will be reininitialized asa it detects one of the doors was opened

will wait 30s before it concludes the card ain't there (2 long beeps)
if speed now drops below 5 mph (eg: traffic stop), engine will cut out, the end
if speed remains above 5mph, it will wait 3 minutes before getting into action (to make sure the thieves are far enough so they can't come back & threaten you to tell how to make it work again, and same 3 minutes give you enough time to go get help in case of carjacking)
action taken after 3 minutes: disable accelerator sensor, so the car will just decellerate slowly but surely
finally, the car will almost come to a full stop
due to this, once speed is under 5mph, engine cuts out & end of story

This was done to avoid engine cuts out at 100mph with servo of steering & brakes cutting out aswell, leading to unpleasant road behaviour!

if car cuts out, no horn or blinkers are activated, not to anger the thieves, they might think something else happened

Most of these parameters can be altered at customer wishes (if you want you can keep the car running at maxspeed of 10mph, you can increase/decrease waiting periods before action, whether horn/lights should be activated, whether to cut off engine immediately or just the accelerator, switch off all beeps, etc etc)

A truly smart system IMHO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

And not forgetting the card, you get used to it, when I now grab my keys I automatically think of "Where did I put my PIT?" Some discipline is needed to protect yourself against such crimes, if you're not willing to do it, don't come cry afterwards either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For me it is especially the peace of mind I now have, no more worries that one day I wake up to see my M3 gone! And I'd HATE the feeling the day I get attacked, have to give my keys (and perhaps wallet & mobile at same time) and see those guys drive off with spinning wheels in my beloved M3. If it now happens, I'll just smile and run away! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/finger.gif

Is anyone running an iPod on their car? Im interested on how you guys are running it? I particularly dont like FM because It doesnt sound right for me, and I am running my iPod on my FX45 using the DVD RCA inputs. Anyone has any experience with these
iPod Connector ?? Thanks

I have a Dension Ice-link in my car and it works great. It is connected to my Concert h/u which gives you some basic control of the ipod and you still get traffic reports as-well which is the downside of using a fm transmitter.
I got mine here- www.ghc.co.uk
Cheers,
h1.

[ QUOTE ]
Jorge Miranda said:
Is anyone running an iPod on their car? Im interested on how you guys are running it? I particularly dont like FM because It doesnt sound right for me, and I am running my iPod on my FX45 using the DVD RCA inputs. Anyone has any experience with these
iPod Connector ?? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as I get my console swapped over I'll be using my Alpine HU and Alpine Ipod interface, best solution there is to date - but does mean changing the stock system.

A

Nah,
Just using the iTrip from Griffin Technology on a Sympony system.