Good, bad, worse.

Seansy

Reaction score
I type this whilst on the roadside with my lovely girlfriend, on the A127 between Rayleigh and Southend. My S3 is at a standstill.

So what's good you ask? Well last week did some ringing around for servicing to be done on the S3, most places were charging big rates, especially Audi (which is going to happen of course). I give AMD a call and they give a competitive quote, plus I knew of them from ads in PVW. As my car isn't standard it would make sense a company who knows its way around a modded vag or two. The car was booked in for a week or so later.

So a week passes and I attend the garage. Really friendly staff and the manager gave me peace of mind to leave the S3 in their hands.

So what's bad? The car had some issues which needed rectifying. But again, AMD assisted and put it all right. Explaining things to me like a human being and not treating me like an imbecile. The cost in the end was a lot bigger than what I intended and expected to pay but such is life. The car was back to good!! Traffic crap so unable to test the car appropriately...

So what's worse? And why am I parked on the a127 waiting for recovery? Well during the slow crawl, there was a snapping sound and feel under the clutch, with the pedal disappearing into the footwell.

Sods law. But on a brighter note I will be happy to use AMD again, very professional, good service and just welcoming.

I think I may order a curry while I wait for the RAC to arrive.

Seán

Dave I'm there already!

Update: RAC can't come, they are sending just a recovery firm. Anyone know a decent place locally to Southend who deal in clutches who would be open this time of night???

In the words of an Emo Facebook user; FML.

be the clutch pedal itself at fault so should'nt be that expensive a fix, if you lift the pedal back up by hand then you should have a pedal again until you depress it to the floor.

There was a piece of plastic on the deck Kev, I take it this is the offending item?

Just had to fix my brothers car for the same fault. Costs to fix, £28 for parts including new pedal from audi. 30 mins to fix .

Pm me if you need part numbers.

Don't pay anymore than £75 inc labour to get it fixed! My brother was quoted £758 for a £1 pieace of plastic

I payed for parts and the RAC fixed it labour free