Air intake systems with chipped S3's....

bigshout

Reaction score
I defiantly getting my S3 chipped in the new year, one thing that I'm just not so sure on is that if the power increase means the turbo is going to pick up quicker and be sucking in more then isn't a more freely flowing air intake needed to gain maximum power and put less strain on the engine components?

Who of you have upgraded the air intake system to a BMC or cone type system, plus what are your opinions on the standard air box? Is the filter panels any good?

Also have many of you changed the DV on upgrade or is this necessary?

fit a full cold air intake if you have the money. if not, fit a neuspeed induction kit (a little cheaper than cold air intake) or a K&N induction kit (lots cheaper than both!!!). all systems have you remove the OE air box and all will help provide the optimum performance of your ECU upgrade. all the systems DO NOT interfere with air flow meter as they are made to vehicle requirements.

can i ask who will be doing your re-map?

check this link for the carbonio cold air intake & neuspeed induction kit awesome GTI store

and check EBAY for the K&N system. save £££'s

I would stick with the standard airbox/filer! It has been tested and will work without any problems!

If I was you I would only consider a new air filter if you are after induction noise! It will give you no noticable power increase.... FACT!

Rich.

you should deffinately change the DV. i just bought a GFB Hybrid. bolts straight on in place of OE bosch unit. its called a hybrid because of the option to have the vavle act as a full plumb-back (same as OE) or 50/50 plumb-back (making the pssssttt noise). full fitting instructructions come with it. helps hold boost, helps lower intake temp.

check their site for more info GFB Website /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DickyS3 is quite right. i suppose it is just changing for no reason really isn't it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

audi_s3_225bhp, what is the cost of this DV?

£65 ish and vat for my AmD viper on a group buy.

none of this whoosh tisch carp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

another vote here for the standard intake. Its actually very good, and is even retained on the MTM big turbo conversions, so surely thats telling you something..

i just change my audi filter every 10K miles.

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
£65 ish and vat for my AmD viper on a group buy.

none of this whoosh tisch carp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

another vote here for the standard intake. Its actually very good, and is even retained on the MTM big turbo conversions, so surely thats telling you something..

i just change my audi filter every 10K miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

as i said. you can CHOOSE!!! which method of working the DV provides. if you dont want the WOOOSHH, then don't have it. they do sell a full plumb-back DV if you want, but i suggest you check the website. these GFB boys know there stuff!!!