Chris NottEM Tuning
    mr fenn

Status

question about psi

hello all =) had a new turbo k03s under boost there is some lag,boost gauge reads -19 on tick over and on boost over 20psi as it only goes to 20 on the dial??? it was around 17psi the old k03s turbo...confused ...maybe i shud get a dyno and tuning re-done?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    maybe the old turbo had a weak actuator n you was losing a bit of boost. and when they mapped it they mapped it to what they thought was 17 psi. but with a new actuator it is actually 20 psi. probably needs tweaking mate

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    K03S is a more efficient turbo at the end of the day.

A map to suit the addition of the K03S would help.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    he mentioned his new k03s was replacing his old k03s though wellington

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    he mentioned his new k03s was replacing his old k03s though wellington
    Hmmm, I always found reading things properly helps....

lol

To be fair, if it's mapped for a K03S engine anyway, I wouldn't worry too much. The map will be expecting those boost levels if that's what it's producing.

I'd bet money that the old turbo wasn't making the boost the map was requesting.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Hmmm, I always found reading things properly helps....

lol

To be fair, if it's mapped for a K03S engine anyway, I wouldn't worry too much. The map will be expecting those boost levels if that's what it's producing.

I'd bet money that the old turbo wasn't making the boost the map was requesting.
    and yeh that makes more sense. the vacuum is bang on aswell at -19 i believe

mr fenn

Status
    hopefully all good then,=)i will dyno it at weekend probs....it was in the 220s-230bhp...its been mapped and everything..hopefully a tune up will sort it...cheers fellas!

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    cool let us know how u get on!

Neutral

Status
    and yeh that makes more sense. the vacuum is bang on aswell at -19 i believe
    Is -19 on tickover really correct.....????

My remapped S3 has a turbo timer which typically shows -0.67 bar on tickover (10psi ish) and maxes out at just over 1.6 bar (24psi ish) bar on full boost????

Confused!
    Mk1 16v G60 - Gone but not forgotten.... Mk1 Haldex AWD in progress.... Audi S3 keeping me entertained....

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    on all threads ive found its supposed to be -18 to -20

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    All the turbo,d cars ive had have been -20 in hg
    my liquid shows -13 but that is a software issue i believe.... need to put my A pillar stack gauges on...

Neutral

Status
    -20 HG???? Isn't 1 HG 0.5 PSI (ish) in which case -20 HG = -10 PSI which is about what I am getting at - 0.67 Bar.

Gotta love all these different means of measuring pressure!!!
    Mk1 16v G60 - Gone but not forgotten.... Mk1 Haldex AWD in progress.... Audi S3 keeping me entertained....

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    in.hg (inches of mercury)
    measures negative pressure, psi or bar measures positive pressure....
    there is also mm hg (mm of mercury ) for negative pressure to confuse further...
    Last edited by s3dave; 25th November 2010 at 19:30.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    yeh sorry -18hg to -20hg