Buying A3 1.8 T sport second hand

fnbloke

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I am looking to buy an A3 T sport, on a 99 plate, i will be viewing a car this weekend, is there any faults or things i should look for and check to make sure that car will cause me as few problems as possible. How often should the cam belt be changed?

Many thanks for those pointers, all appears to be in order and have now bought the car, have just sold my mini cooper in order to save money, so the steering feels a little light to me, is this because im probably used to heavy steering, or is the tie rods as you suggested?? it needs new pads anyway so im gonna get my mechanic bloke to look at it when he does them? also i find the headlights to be very dim, even on full beam! any ideas?

Also if the stereo is standard muck about with the volume and see if there is any sudden volume changes. I had this problem on my old A3 1.8T Sport whereas the volume would shoot to max and then go completley silent, in other words its goes crazy (normally clears up when the car is warm). Apparently it cannot be repaired.

yes, i am having this problem. not major though just annoying, it is when i first start up its quiet. so when u turn it back up, it goes to full volume. doesn't happen all the time though.

Try some Xenon bulbs for the headlights. They make a huge difference. I know Philips do some. You can buy them offf the net, or ebay!