FYI: Audi Approved Oils for the S3

DuncS3

Reaction score
As the topic says, a FYI post really - I originally posted this on [censored] but think it is useful to have in the archives so to speak:

Straight out of Audi Driver August Edition:

Approved Engine oils for Audis

503.01 Spec:
A new oil specification specifically for the RS4, S3, 225 bhp TT, Passat W8 and Phaeton W12

Castrol Formula SLX 0W-30
Mobil 1 0W-40
Shell Helix Ultra 5W-30
Fuchs Titan Supersyn SL 0W/30
Valvoline SynPower MXL 0W-30

The S3 will come with Castrol Formula SLX 503.01 spec oil from the factory

There are other Formula SLX oils for different specs, ie 502.00 etc - so make sure you get 503.01

SLX Longlife II meets 503.00, which is for variable servicing and the 'old' S4, but as I have said, not RS4, S3 or TT

Thank you

Cheers for that list Duncan, it really helped when I had to go and deal with Aston Green when I needed some.
Both Reading and Slough told me they no longer sell the Castrol Formula SLX any longer, in fact Reading tried to palm me off with the SLX II /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Got it from Whites in Camberley in the end, and cheaper from there as well

I bought 6 litres of Formula SLX last Wednesday from Guildford Audi (all the same franchise I believe?)

If you do a search for VW 503 01 using Google, you should find yet more oil companies who produce oil to that spec, including DEA and Titan.

Denis

Anyone know if Mobil 1 5W30 is acceptable to run in an A3 1.8T? I've found a good price on it, but it doesn't have any VW #'s on the bottle, only: Exceeds API SL/CF and ILSAC GF-3 & Exceeds ACEA A1/B1 and A5/B5

Anyone?

Thx, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yeah, my manual says 500.00, but since I couldn't confirm anything, I said to hell with it, and got the 503.01 spec Mobil 1 0W40 for US$ 4.49 a quart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Figure, if it's good enough for the S3 and TT, why wouldn't it be good for my A3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif