Wet carpet

S321BAM

I lost the rod lottery
Reaction score
Hi all.....

52 plate S3 - no sunroof

Noticed today my rear passanger side footwell is absolutely soaked :(

Is there any common problems related to this??? The rear washer hasn't worked since i've had the car, so is there any conections under the carpet that can come off in this area??? i've smelt the carpet but it doesn't smell like screenwash, quite the opposite lol!

Planning on getting the carpet up soon before its ruined, any help or advice before i do so would be very appreciated:yes:

There's a fair chance that the water may be coming in through your pollen filter/housing. I carried out a DIY fix by removing scuttle panel, removing pollen filter housing and sealing with butyl tape, then making a cover plate to fit between the windscreen and bonnet seal using a piece of plastic sheet cut to size. It's also worth sealing the round the wiring cover on the driver's side under the scuttle panel and placing a piece of plastic sheeting round the ECU in the centre of the windscreen. As for drying the inside, I got away with a Unibond Humidity bucket from B and Q after mopping the carpet as best I could.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.......had a browse on my lunch break today at the pollen filter, the numpty who fitted previous stereo n god knows what else had fed the power cables through a hole on the right of the pollen filter, the gromet has been taken out with no effort in resealing the bulkhead! so sealed it and hopefully that will cure the problem.