Front Bumper insert painted black (pics)

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
Just had my bumper insert painted black , what do you think.... i think it brings the look of the bumper out better and gets rid of the horrible grey colour,,,side skirts and rear insert to come...;)
16112010299.jpg

By d121m at 2010-11-16
16112010300.jpg

By d121m at 2010-11-16

Last edited:
I like it, looks good mate, but certainly paint the IC piping etc so its invisible, as it ruins the effect imho.

I like it, looks a lot fresher than the grey, what paint did you use for it and did you lacquer it aswell??

looks good mate! beats having to get the bumper shine stuff out every few days lol

Looks quality mate!! I would say ditch the quattro badge and the bulky plate surround... Oh and keep the cooler pipes silver!! Stands out really well! :)

Yeah but do you really want the pipes sticking out, kinda makes it look boy racer seeing your uprated piping in blue & silver as such & I agree, remove badge & surround, minimalistic.

Or, if your as anal as me, get the front bumper off and polish the intercooler for better effect :)

I think the polished bright silver on the dark black looks good. Its only boy racer when you start taking the grills out and cutting bumpers to 'show them off' ...if there indirectly shown off behind the grills i think it looks more aggressive! Plus youve probably paid a fortune for it to be there, you may aswell get your monies worth ;)

Ive also just had a thought.... taking the fogs out and painting the mirror surround so there black too? Might try it on mine... something different like the black zenon mod! Suppose it depends if you actually use them or not....

yeh i also like the pipes just showing. not sticking out like most look nicely hidden but still teasing. looks spot on already i think

I like it Dave but think it would look better just satin finish like the grill (either that or my eye sight is going! Lol)

looks cool. i considered this along with the side skirts, but with my car being a dark coulour i dont think it would work as good as on your silver car. i think they should contrast, so mine are staying grey. or i might spray the satin grey to freshen it up

Looks sweet mate! Def something i will get round to doing as mine look faded.

Looks good Dave, nice and OEM looking.

Have you tinted your headlights too, if so what with, in the 2nd pic it looks as though they have a pair of tights over them LOL??

I dont understand the "boy racer" comments,
The term like "chav" is thrown about far too freely.

The lights have a fine gloss pvc like mesh called flyeyes...look a lot better in the flesh and protects them too
Will post pics the rest of the car when it gets done

Dave, where did you get these flyeyes from??

I initially thought it was Lamin X, but after seeing the mesh and explanation, was thinking otherwise.

Sorry to go off topic, but does it affect your light at all??

exactly what i want to do to mine.. and i want to dechrome the grill surround.. the only thing im worried about is stone chips when its that low taking a beating if i only use rattle cans..dunno if it would be worth having it professionally sprayed?