Turbo's died (now with pic)

S90GAV

Reaction score
after 91k miles the turbos gone on my S3. I've used the search button but it bring up loads of crap i dont want and cannot find what im looking for so thought id ask here.

would go down the IHI route but with xmas round the corner and needing the car back on the road quick thats not an option at the min.

do any of you know any good places that supply recondtioned turbos?

Last edited:
mines just been sent to turbo technics for repairs, it had done 90k

IMG_0234.jpg

haha

cheers for all ya help today, and cheers in advance for putting the new turbo on haha :p

theres a hole in the housing as oil is ******* out of it

Holy ****, how on earth has that happened? Never seen anything quite so savage! Looks like it's ingested a few stones!

i aint got a clue mate, wasnt any signs of it going to go, no smoke, no oil burning no nothing.

it was about 600 as a rebuild but it doesnt end there with just bolting a hybrid on! Ring CR as they normally have some turbo's in that you can buy outright

i rang them today, theyve got a new unit in for £545 plus VAT which is gonna be about £640.

going Hybrid isnt cheap theres rods, down pipe, injectors etc etc etc it all adds up

Sorry ignore the above post by sm_cupra. I'm at his and i accidently replied on his account doh!

When i got mine done from CR they said they can recon the turbo no matter how bad it is. The guy assured me they have every part there to recon the turbo. I had it sent to them on a monday and it was done and delivered back to the garage on wednesday! Spot on service!

I'll give them a ring again tomorrow and explain the condition of the turbo and see what they say, cause when I rang them today I hadn't seen the damage

PMSL Bill! Ok, it's a bigger turbo than the piddly little thing on a standard car lol :)

lol, soz m8, could'nt resist

i'll get me coat :p

and as for that turbo! carnage indeed - wow!

hope no debris went thru the motor.. i would advise dropping off the pipework as far as the first intercooler and fish out any debris which maye be there.. you dont want to put a new turbo on to then injest some of turbo #1 thru the motor - that would ruin your day/week/year

unlucky dude

Last edited:
yea this is my job to do,will be stripping all the pipework off for a good inspection and clean,when i took off the tip it had debris right up to the maf and onto the air filter...ouch! what ever happened it even punched a hole through the cold side of the turbo intake,it went bang in one hell of a way lol.