any advice on engine?

09jaket

Reaction score
hi ive gt a 1997 audi a3 1.6 (8l chassis)
does anyone have any ideas on mods that will noticeably increase the power of the engine?

ive already fitted a full milltek catback system and a K&N panel filter. full apex suspension and lowered 30mm which has made a noticeable difference in the handling but it is still feeling a bit sluggish :/ any ides asthis is my first car.

thanks

was thinking about a 1.8 g60 supercharged conversion from a golf, would that be possible do you think?
and which cams do you think would be best piper cams or kent cams?

thanks

If you looking at swapping the engine then id stick with the 1.8 20v turbo, trued and tested! Havent you thought about buying a a3 with a turbo already done? It'll also be a much better spec!

yeah ^^, i really dont understand the ballache people go through converting a low powered non turbo a3 into a turbo a3 or s3 replica when they could just sell up and by the reall thing and probably save money. Surely its a no brainer??

i would buy the 1.8t but this is my first car and i need to keep it for atleast a year before buying anything bigger. does anyone know if the 8v g60 supercharged head will fit onto the standard 8v 1.6?

A converted car will be more expensive to insure too. The suspemsion will not be up to more power, neither will the brakes.

Run it for a year sell it unmolested for a decent lump and buy a 1.8t

tbh i would have been over the moon for a 1.6 a3 for my first car. you very lucky for that alone. Enjoy your exhaust and panel filter mate and chill for a year. i had a clapped out 1.4 pug 306 for my first car it was a joke. be happy dude!

On a side note ur better off losing weight in the car for more than spending loads of money for an extra 5 bhp. lose the rear seats parcel shelf etc n ull go a bit quicker

tbh i would have been over the moon for a 1.6 a3 for my first car. you very lucky for that alone. Enjoy your exhaust and panel filter mate and chill for a year. i had a clapped out 1.4 pug 306 for my first car it was a joke. be happy dude!

On a side note ur better off losing weight in the car for more than spending loads of money for an extra 5 bhp. lose the rear seats parcel shelf etc n ull go a bit quicker

so how lucky am i that my S3 is my first car lol