K&N Over Jetex........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Haha, you serious dave? Id clean it first then maybe lightly oil it if not oil it at all.

yeh they are pre oiled and can screw up the MAF i hear. you could wash it out with hot water but i dunno if that would defeat the object? food colouring thing is a good idea actually

Well their virtualy the same material as the jetex set-up, when you service that you clean it and re-oil it, same idea as the k&n surely?

no idea mate. i have a carbonio aswell as a jetex. my carbonio has a carbon fibre intake pipe and a red filter (which you dont see anyway) but i guess if u bought a carbonio it doesnt matter either way. only prob is filter sits low to the ground hence why in winter ill use my jetex. u could hwover just bolt the red carbonio filter the same as the jetex without the carbon pipe. expensive new so better off with an ebay jobby. or just go for the k&n lol

probably not helping here..

i think the oil affecting the maf is rubbish. iv had a k&n panel filter in for a year and a half and my maf is fine. i think the problem would be if you were re oiling it and you put way too much on it may affect it.
i was thinking the same with the colour thing, as i have a black car also. but i wont ever be showing my engine bau off to anybody so it doesnt concern me too much.

IMO the oil f**king up the MAF is rubbish aswell, i've been running a k&n panel filter for 2 years without any issue. But i'm thinking of getting a jetex cone just for the increased noise lol.

Just got a 007p so on the look for a induction kit of some sort. Just confused as to which one to get after all the searching and reading threads :wacko:

Definitely don't want a cai! Had one on my TypeR, it almost killed it! :scared2:

IMO the oil f**king up the MAF is rubbish aswell, i've been running a k&n panel filter for 2 years without any issue. But i'm thinking of getting a jetex cone just for the increased noise lol.
its not rubbish it happens, but more so on people who have just serviced their filters and applied too much oil themselves

most oil on maf is engine breather source not air filters

Yes i suppose if its over oiled it could cause maf issues. When i last cleaned mine i was aware of the oil and maf issues so oiled it quite sparingly, its also due to be done again soon. Just out of intrest Bill how much can you supply the jetex cones for?

I've got one of those fitted was a bit of b***h to fit I the tight space and had to stretch jubilee clip over a bit other than that works perfectly !!

Why dont u get a proper heatsheild like the jabbapsort, it wont restrict the airflow as mush as that one.

no worries braderz.

i just thought i would suggest it as it may hide this "blueness" of the cone!

no worries braderz.

i just thought i would suggest it as it may hide this "blueness" of the cone!

got chance to take 2 close up pics of ASH heatshield for those interested.

2035-ash-heat-shield-1.jpg

2036-ash-heat-shield-2.jpg

cheers for that. is it just open on the end and on the side where you can see the cone?

Ye pretty much and it has 3 like 'L' shaped brackets that are adjustable that the jubilee clip goes round then the cone sits in the middle of that lot and clamps to my MAF sensor.