Rain pouring in with window open

dougie175

Reaction score
Hello Im new to the forum, Im sure this topic will have been covered a good few times, but I cant find much on it, has anyone found a way to stop the water from the windscreen been sent straight into the car when the window is down slightly when it raining?

I enjoy smoking whilst driving, but hate the smell of smoke in my car so always have the window down, however water just pours in from the windscreen.

I would imagine wind deflectors may fix this? But have a feeling they just wont look right on an a3?

Anyone with a solution this this problem it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

use your ashtray while your window is open ????

asuming you have a sun roof use that as the vent (just pop the back bit) and use the ash tray

No I dont have a sunroof, it rains literally everyday up here in the lake district so ideally I would like to find a way around this without ever smoking in the car without a window open and water pouring onto my door card and window switches hehe.

Thanks

what colour is ur a3? wind deflectors might look alright on day a black car with black deflectors. i have the same problem and end up just dealing with it. I have a microfibre cloth in the door to wipe up any rain that gets in after. its alot of trouble just for a fag lol

Cant you just wait until you get where your going before having a fag?

Unless your on a marathon trip down the motorway i'm sure you can hold off for half an hour while you complete your journey, rather than f00king the car with fag-smell and rainwater.

Dont really have anything to add but... Dont see the fascination with people smoking and driving, besides it makes everything look yellow and smelly. Would never buy a smokers car :no::banghead::(:(

its a habit for me and its convenient. I wont have time before work to stop and a have a fag before i go in so i smoke on the way down. i have a bottle of febreeze which i keep in the car to keep it fresh. I dont use my ashtray because after a few it stinks!

Lol, whenever I open my window and it's been raining I get soaked! All the water from the roof pours in!!

yeh lol i usually drive a bit first do a few roundabouts (live in milton keynes) n the majority has fallen off. Ive been heavily waxing my car so this helps :D

Lol, whenever I open my window and it's been raining I get soaked! All the water from the roof pours in!!

Haha! every morning I have to put my head out of the window to reverse off my drive (to watch my rims on a brick), and every time this happens! it's still a hell of a shock when it drips down my neck!

lol thanks for the help, its a silver a3 so guess a cloth is my only option.

Its not that I cant wait to have a fag I just enjoy smoking whilst driving. I dont tend to smoke much any other time just enjoy the 2 together. Also i smoke roleys and with the window down it doesnt make the car smell unlike cigarettes and using the ask tray which makes the car stink.

However never had this problem with any other car I have owned, always been able to smoke whilst it was raining with the window down without getting soaked from the rain of the screen.

Rain pouring in with window open, lol quite a common prob i would have thought.. jokin.. i had the same prob a while back on my old car, i brought some sun visors for the 2 front doors and it worked a treat..

I have the same issue! Driving, smoking, window down in the rain = wet door card :motz:

So today i bought a set of Heko wind deflectors from Egay. Had them on my TypeR and loved them! Kept them on right up until the day i sold the car. Good for on the Motorway aswel, no loud wind noise :icon_thumright:

I had wind deflectors on my first car which was a Corsa. I've always liked a bit of fresh air in the car so i bought Heko deflectors for it. I've been thinking about getting them for the S3 too, hmmmm.

Noggy S3 - have you got the Ebay link?

Thanks

Thanks Noggy, Im not sure what they will look like but as long as they serve the function.

No problem :thumbsup:

Personally i think the Heko Deflectors look tidy enough. I mean its not like they are sticking out past the arches. :laugh:

Like i said before i couldn't do without them on my previous car.

Use the ashtray and leave the passenger side window open ;)

can they be easily taken off and put back on again?

Yes they can mate. They just push in with small clips attached. Have to be careful when removing as the corners snap if to much force is put on them as they are only plastic.

Yes they can mate. They just push in with small clips attached. Have to be careful when removing as the corners snap if to much force is put on them as they are only plastic.

hmm cheers think ill go for some of those :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is my car when it was standard !
I was sick of getting rained on when i wanted a bit of fresh air so i tried the heko deflectors!
They dont look bad and dont stick out like a sore thumb.i dunno what they would look like on a different coloured car though?.
ive taken them off now since i had my tints done and kinda like the look without them on now so there sat in my boot.
I got them from ebay but i diddnt get clips...all they gave me was the deflectors which had a bit of double sided sticky tape on the lip which sticks to the inside of the rubber seal in the window
worked well for a while but then went a bit loose.not loose enough to fall out though because there quite a tight fit!
Just give them a go for what they are...there not that pricey :)

i didnt get clips...all they gave me was the deflectors which had a bit of double sided sticky tape on the lip

Really...!? I had little ali clips that pushed in with the deflectors...

Will wait and see what i get this time round, should have them by the weekend
:icon_thumright:

Grrrr they sent me a message saying they are out of stock will have some soon!