Air con...very bad noise

cerbera4_0

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Turned my air con on today after car had been sat idle for 3 days and its making a god aweful noise. Any ideas as to where to start? The only thing ive done is remove the plastic guard on the drivers side. Could this be rubbing on anything when i put it back together.

noise as in under the bay? could you describe the noise,is it pitched, grinding etc?

The only way i can think is to discribe it is a simialr noise as to when your put used to put playing cards in your bike spokes to make an engine noise bt louder. Didnt really want to turn it on again as it sounded terrible. it was fine 3 days ago

If its coming from the glovebox area then its the fan motor i had this before but it cleared up by itself eventually because i couldnt be bothered to look at it lol. Iv seen on another thread before that foam has broken off and got caught up in the fan so it could be this.

If its coming from the glovebox area then its the fan motor i had this before but it cleared up by itself eventually because i couldnt be bothered to look at it lol. Iv seen on another thread before that foam has broken off and got caught up in the fan so it could be this.

That was meeee!

Yeah, there was a thin piece of foam that I suspect had peeled off the underside of the aircon flap into the engine bay.

Remove the glove box (there are guides through-out the forums), then slide out the aircon motor. I bet it has something wedged in it. If not, simply turn the aircon on with the motor in your hands. This will determine whether the motor is responsible, then take it from there...

it does sound like something in the fan motor,but it will be on all the time redardles of the ac on or not,but could be the radiator fans,check there is nothing cloged in there also.