AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

drive shaft noise

hello all i have just bought my first audi a3 1.8turbo on a s reg it has been fittied with coil overs and has 18in wheels its the first audi i have ever had because i have always had bmw and my sister has been telling me for a long time to buy a audi!!

i have a prob with it tho there is a noise coming from the n/s drive shalf i was told it was the cv but i found out today that it is the inner drive shalf joint hitting the gear box when i go around right hand bends i hope i have explained it right i think it is because the car is to low could sum one please help!!

dave

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a similar problem, but infact it's actually my ARB rubbing against the driveshaft as a result of it being lowered to much. Just simply need to raise it up or buy the correct ARB, personally id just raise it a little, assuming that the coil overs are adjustable?

Reverse Gear

Status
    hello mate its not the arb i've had the drive shaft out and u can see were the drive shaft has been hitting the end cap of the drive shaft!! hope that
    makes sense!!

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    From what you are saying it seems to me that the car is too low and the shaft is hitting the inner joint which is on the gear box is this right? If it is then as above you will need to raise the car hopefully you have adjustable coilovers.

Reverse Gear

Status
    hello mate yes u are right it is hitting the inner joint on the gear box my coil overs are adjustable i dont won't to raise the car because it looks the nuts but if that is the only way i can stop it from hitting then i will have to!!

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    You might not have to raise it by much so it might not look any different id do it bit by bit until it stops that way you wont lose much of the look if any.

Reverse Gear

Status
    ok mate thanks for all your help!!

dave