Low Power Update

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
For those of you that know, and those of you that don't - I've been experiencing some rather odd issues with my car which resulted in some pretty strange runs on Bill's rolling road last week.

Power runs of 218/237/216bhp with torque figure that didn't correspond and an odd missfire on idle.

People keep telling me it's the MAF so again today, the MAF was changed for the 3rd time and.......no difference!!

According to VAG COM and the boost graph from Bill, there's no air leaks but cylinder 4's voltage was right down and when revved, was still really down on the others of which cylinder 2 was higher than all the rest. Coil Pack??? Changed and...............***!!! still the ****** same!!

Plugs were changed 800 miles ago and that didn't cure the missfire on idle so it's not them.
I've checked all the wiring, connections and pipework so WTF is causing it??

I'm now getting severely ****** off with it!! :banghead:

might be worth just checking the earth wires, i think theres a few bolted down to the left hand chassis leg, underneath the airbox

Have you thought about changing the coilpack wiring loom? They go brittle and the insulation cracks causing arcing, however small

And I read on here there only about 20 quid.

well if you can swap coil packs around and it still gives you same result of cyl 4, id be looking at the coil packs wiring also