Badger5AH Fabrications
    It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status

Low Power Update

For those of you that know, and those of you that don't - I've been experiencing some rather odd issues with my car which resulted in some pretty strange runs on Bill's rolling road last week.

Power runs of 218/237/216bhp with torque figure that didn't correspond and an odd missfire on idle.

People keep telling me it's the MAF so again today, the MAF was changed for the 3rd time and.......no difference!!

According to VAG COM and the boost graph from Bill, there's no air leaks but cylinder 4's voltage was right down and when revved, was still really down on the others of which cylinder 2 was higher than all the rest. Coil Pack??? Changed and...............FFS!!! still the bloody same!!

Plugs were changed 800 miles ago and that didn't cure the missfire on idle so it's not them.
    I've checked all the wiring, connections and pipework so WTF is causing it??

I'm now getting severely pissed off with it!!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st gear

Status
    might be worth just checking the earth wires, i think theres a few bolted down to the left hand chassis leg, underneath the airbox
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi 😃
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Have you thought about changing the coilpack wiring loom? They go brittle and the insulation cracks causing arcing, however small

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    I didn't even realise that I could change the coilpack wiring loom??
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    its available, but needs to spliced in IIRC.

1st Gear

Status
    And I read on here there only about 20 quid.
    S3 2000 AMK car with a APY engine, minge blue, rs6 alloys and Revo'd by Badger5

Chugger

Status
    well if you can swap coil packs around and it still gives you same result of cyl 4, id be looking at the coil packs wiring also
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Ross_S4

Status