Someone please help !! Merseyside area :-)

motfree

Reaction score
Had enough of my s3 now !! Just put a new turbo on and then had trouble getting the car going .. Found out after plugging it in that needed a new mass airflow and camshaft sensor then all will be back to normal ... Haha no chance car constantly sounds like its about to cut out .. Needs loads of revs to get moving and if it stalls there's no way it's starting again ..
Today disconnected the battery for 2 hours as told this will clear fault codes but still no change
Is there anyone local that can come and help or know of a good garage in my area as my heads pickled now and spending more and more money and getting no where
Cheers guys

Removing the battery won't clear fault codes that are there because there is a fault... what are the fault codes? did you take the head off to change the turbo?

<tuffty/>

Nope left head on .. Fault codes were mass airflow and camshaft sensor they have been replaced but there's still a problem ..

Unit 20 didn't really diagnose or wipe any codes to be honest showed 12 when I took it there and still 12 at the next garage but only 2 came back after bring wiped

Could be the crank sensor... both that and the cam sensor work together... this would also make the engine difficult to start...

Without knowing the exact codes its difficult to begin a diag tbh...

<tuffty/>

Sorted timing 4 teeth out :-0 lucky not blown the engine up !! Running spot on now but for how long :-(