EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Frank and Beans...............

Status

Body Shell Differences on 8L A3 & S3 ??

Essentially, i'm wondering if it would be possible to make an A3 look like an S3 externally.

Are there any flared arch differences, like the B5 S4 and RS4 ?

Could it just be a case of side skirts, & front and rear bumpers ?

Cheers,

S.
    Mk5 Golf R32
    Gruppe M Carbon Cold Ait induction Kit, Full Stainless Non Resonated Supersprint Exhaust,
    TVS Stage 1 Tuning, Recaro Wing Back Reats, Alpine IVA-W505R Double DIN All in One Multimedia Station with Bluetooth

Rosstech HEX-USB+CAN Owner with VCDS 10.6 (Happy to help anybody out in the North West)

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Arches are flared mate

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Both front and rear arches are flared as per Dave's response. Complete ball ache to make an A3 look like an S3 as it costs a small fortune and you still cant change the rear arches.....well you could, with an angle grinder and a mig welder!!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Missing the S3

Status
    The bumpers can be done and the front archs too but the arches arnt a straight swap.

Smell my finger.

Status
    I dont see the point myself
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    Both front and rear arches are flared as per Dave's response. Complete ball ache to make an A3 look like an S3 as it costs a small fortune and you still cant change the rear arches.....well you could, with an angle grinder and a mig welder!!
    LOL. Cheers mate !! ;-)
    Mk5 Golf R32
    Gruppe M Carbon Cold Ait induction Kit, Full Stainless Non Resonated Supersprint Exhaust,
    TVS Stage 1 Tuning, Recaro Wing Back Reats, Alpine IVA-W505R Double DIN All in One Multimedia Station with Bluetooth

Rosstech HEX-USB+CAN Owner with VCDS 10.6 (Happy to help anybody out in the North West)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    I dont see the point myself
    I just prefer the flared look but for a daily runner the diesel economy. Could always get an S3 and drop a 2.0 TDI in it ;-) ha ha
    Mk5 Golf R32

Status
    Now that, I'd like to see!!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    Now that, I'd like to see!!
    It would be quicker than yours Mike!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    plenty of folk have converted A4's to RS4 spec, so no reason why it cant be done with an A3.

Certainly not a cheap thing to do though.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    plenty of folk have converted A4's to RS4 spec, so no reason why it cant be done with an A3.

Certainly not a cheap thing to do though.
    The thing is, S3's are very common compared to RS4's, early S3's will cost you around 4k for a half decent one, early B5 RS4 is still around the 15k mark for a decent one!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    Very funny Joe! lol

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi ive got a 97 a3 1.6 8l anyone got any ideas on how i can increase the bhp? ive already fitted a full milltek catback system and a K&N panel filter. anything else that will make a noticable difference in the speed? thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jaket View Post
    hi ive got a 97 a3 1.6 8l anyone got any ideas on how i can increase the bhp? ive already fitted a full milltek catback system and a K&N panel filter. anything else that will make a noticable difference in the speed? thanks

dont bother, wait until you can get a 1.8t then tune that. Will be a waste of money spending it on the 1600 engine as you will get next to no gains from spending lots of money on modding it.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    This is relevent to the S3 v A3 shell differences how?

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    The Milltek and K&N would give very very little gains aswell. Just get a 1.8T.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST