Damn Wind !!

Sean_S3

Reaction score
Last night the wind brought the thorn bush outside my house down and it managed to land on top of my car . The damage is scratches and scuffs all along the A pillar on the passenger side. I'm gonna try and claim on the house insurance to get it sorted, should this be an easy process ??

Twice i've parked my car out front instead of in the garage and each time something bad happens, the first time a women decided to reverse into the side !!

Cheers.
Sean.

Good luck with the house insurance.... a fence panel blew out in my garden and landed on the next doors car complete with my wheelie bin.....oops....luckily its a scrap doner car and he only needs the engine...

is it a natural disaster though since it was only a strong gust n not a hurricane?

Last night the wind brought the thorn bush outside my house down and it managed to land on top of my car . The damage is scratches and scuffs all along the A pillar on the passenger side. I'm gonna try and claim on the house insurance to get it sorted, should this be an easy process ??

Twice i've parked my car out front instead of in the garage and each time something bad happens, the first time a women decided to reverse into the side !!

Cheers.
Sean.

Good luck with the house insurance.... a fence panel blew out in my garden and landed on the next doors car complete with my wheelie bin.....oops....luckily its a scrap doner car and he only needs the engine...

Dudes, that's bad luck on both parts. :(

From what i've been told im going to be lucky if i can claim off the house insurance but i will be ringing up to inquire anyway.
I might have to pay for it getting resprayed myself but i imagine its gonna be hard to blend that with it been metallic black.
I will need to give it a clean and a polish before i can see the full damage but its definitely down to the base coat in some places.

Cheers.

Mate last year I claimed on my car insurance after a big tree branch fell in my s3. Loads if paintwork damage and broken windscreen.
From my own bitter experience I would strongly advise you to forget the insurance for now and go to a decent local bodyshop.
You will be surprised how much they can repair without necessarily needing a spray, at least perhaps not for all the damage.
My repairs turned out to 1400 quid, although I am certain if it hadn't been an insurance job it would have been a fair bit less. I really really wish I had never gone through the insurance now, they stung me for the no claims on the s3 and on the family car I lost a years no claims. Not worth it in the long run.

I gave the car a clean today and the scratches are not as bad as I first thought. I couldn't remove the scratches by hand but i think machine polishing would be able to put it right. Gonna look into paint correction in my area and get the full car done in spring.

Cheers.

I'd get a quote from a local professional detailer to correct it, they can manage to get any scratch out so long as it hasn't penetrated the base coat.

Or possibly buy yourself a machine polisher if they aren't too bad? I'm thinking of selling my Meguiars G220.

Im confident machine polishing would be adequate to clear the paint work although i wouldnt be confident carrying out the work myself. Is the G220 one of the more idiot proof polishers available ?

Cheers

Mate last year I claimed on my car insurance after a big tree branch fell in my s3. Loads if paintwork damage and broken windscreen.
From my own bitter experience I would strongly advise you to forget the insurance for now and go to a decent local bodyshop.
You will be surprised how much they can repair without necessarily needing a spray, at least perhaps not for all the damage.
My repairs turned out to 1400 quid, although I am certain if it hadn't been an insurance job it would have been a fair bit less. I really really wish I had never gone through the insurance now, they stung me for the no claims on the s3 and on the family car I lost a years no claims. Not worth it in the long run.
I remember that

10522_1219141552513_1048118629_7002.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep that brings it all crashing horribly back......!

As an aside, when I got it back the car was covered and I mean COVERED in mop trails. I ended up getting a DA and assorted kit from Polished Bliss and tidying it up myself!! In hindsight I shouldn;t have accepted it but it was dark and raining and I was impatient...

Yeah G220 is a random orbital, so doesn't spin in the same spot all the time, oscillates. Less risk of damaging paint.