need a new engine fitted in my S3 :'(

rob_sri

If in doubt, flat out
Reaction score
after the oil pump went i think its fair to say its new engine time... either that or i need a new cylinder head and crank. its recently had the top end rebuilt new cambelt water pump head gasket etc

im still unsure of what the best course of action is but does anybody know a place who would supply and fit an engine for me?

i need the new engine to be mint.. low milage, or recon'd with a warranty or somthing i dont want this happening again!!! managed to get away with the turbo thats fine thank god!

anyone got any decent contacts/suggestions?? cheaper the better ;)

Where abouts are you in the country?

I may be able to help.

birmingham mate, but i can travel depending on what you have in mind/distance... :)

Can you PM your email address please. I'm on hols but I can send an email or call you early next week to discuss. Dan

I replaced everything in mine with genuine Audi parts. Better for piece of mind aswell just in case you buy an engine and something might **** up in there down the line!

I replaced everything in mine with genuine Audi parts. Better for piece of mind aswell just in case you buy an engine and something might **** up in there down the line!

what happened to yours/what did you replace mate? internals or like the whole engine? oil pump seems to be a common one with these engines :(

my crank is ****** and cylinder head is apparently scored slightly :(

I have a spare crank, used but option is there

It was the internals mate. Hit a pothole, cracked sump, i drove for another 2 mins because i didn't know what the 'bang' was. Starved the engine and turbo of oil. Had everything replaced including fully rebuilt turbo with a little tweak.

I have a spare crank, used but option is there

okay man something to consider.. how many miles has it done? price?

It was the internals mate. Hit a pothole, cracked sump, i drove for another 2 mins because i didn't know what the 'bang' was. Starved the engine and turbo of oil. Had everything replaced including fully rebuilt turbo with a little tweak.

aha i suppose thats essentially whats happened to mine.. where did u have that done/how much did it rape you for?

anyone else got any contacts/garages/people they've used?

oh wow... i wish i had that kind of money lying about or i would!

i think RER Developments are sorting me out now dude.. that engine looks good man cheers but RER are sorting me out with a forged engine now :p

I have a complete agu engine if it works for you! no turbo.

cheers dude but i have an engine sorted now thanks :)

mates rates tbh dude il forward you the number if you want to have a word with them?