the odd problems and questions s3 bam

C

colicabcadam

where is the radioator temp sensor located (the 4 pin green and gold one)? i've got a replacement and i want to change it myself!

does anyone have a part number for the plastic plugs that hold the front bumper on (the ones at the front under the bonnet)

does anyone have a part number for the engine cover plugs (the 2 right in front of you when you look at it)

when my aircon is off (in econ, or when it's below a certain temp outside) it makes a squeaking noise, i've done some reading and it seems like the compressor pulley needs replacing, when the aircon is on, it does not make this noise, has anyone come across this on here, how did you get rid of the annoying noise?

thanks in advance...

also, does anyone know the part number for the s3 / tt clutch pedal switch?

where is the radioator temp sensor located (the 4 pin green and gold one)? i've got a replacement and i want to change it myself!

The coolant temp sensor is on the immediate right hand side of the head as you look at it. It sits in a plastic pipe that is bolted to the head itself. Easy to change. Wait for a cold engine, pull the plastic retaining fork out, remove old sensor. Reverse process for install.

The noise from your aircon can be tested by popping a bit of talcum power on it to see if it shuts up.... If it does, I think you can replace the bearings, if not, new compressor.

Clutch pedal switch part number. I've look on VAG CAT and can't find it. Best bet is to phone Audi...

The coolant temp sensor is on the immediate right hand side of the head as you look at it. It sits in a plastic pipe that is bolted to the head itself. Easy to change. Wait for a cold engine, pull the plastic retaining fork out, remove old sensor. Reverse process for install.

The noise from your aircon can be tested by popping a bit of talcum power on it to see if it shuts up.... If it does, I think you can replace the bearings, if not, new compressor.

Clutch pedal switch part number. I've look on VAG CAT and can't find it. Best bet is to phone Audi...

Scratch that - the facelift clutch pedal switch (assuming that it's for the same BAM car?) is different to the pre facelift ones.

Part number AFAIK is 1J0927189E.

Can be found here: VW £4.92 New Clutch Pedal Cruise Control Switch for 99-06 Audi TT, 98-12 Beetle, 00-12 Golf, 99-12 Jetta, 03-05 Passat, 04-06 Phaeton, 02-08 Audi A4, 09-12 Audi A6, 06-12 Audi RS4. Volkswagen

thanks, i bought it on ebay, that site had no contact number and i wanted it quick!

i will get my mechanic to check the compressor, theres are second hand ones on ebay going for cheap, so i dont think it'll cost that much to sort

as for the sensor, i think i bought the wrong one, i wanted the one that screws into the radiator lol!!!!