Turborevs side mounted intercooler available again!

nick4501

Reaction score
Not sure mate, you'd have to measure a standard S3 one...

what happened with this do we know? i was interested in some feedback here

Excuse my stupidity but...

Would one of these work in place of one of the S3's (i.e one standard, one Turborevs)?
Would there be a problem fitting it in there?
Would there be much (any?) benefit over standard S3 SMIC setup?
(I don't really want an FMIC you see...)

iv got the side ones and a front mount intercooler and that runs great and notice alot of a difference so if
i end up going for these as well shorly there would be even more of a difference in temp, power seen as
there bigger than the standered s3 smic

Just remember that these aftremarket SMIC's will have a pre-drilled hole for the MAP sensor - don't know if the S3's SMIC's have them. You would need to fabricate something to block the port on it. They look very similar to the Eurojet SMIC's which require a little trimming to the ducting that allows airflow to it. Nothing a sharp stanley knife and a steady hand can't deal with in 60 seconds....

what happened with this do we know? i was interested in some feedback here

I eventually fit it. I ran into an unforeseen problem with the MAP sensor that sits inside the hole in the SMIC. There are apparently 2 different sizes of MAP sesnor (12mm and 18mm, at a guess). Mine was the larger size and the hole in the SMIC is for the smaller (apparently more common) size. I ended up sourcing a second hand one off ebay and it worked perfectly. I've been running my car like this for about a month now and seems well!

The only down side to this is that because it's quite a lot bigger than the original, I had to remove the ducting pipe completely and it still pushes the bumper forward by a couple of cm's, but doesn't look out of place unless you're really looking for it.

I haven't got around to recording any intake temperature logs after fitting the SMIC, but I did remember to do it before fitting. As soon as I get around to doing some more logs, I'll update this thread and let you know if it was worth the hassle!