AH FabricationsChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Turborevs side mounted intercooler available again!

Hi guys. Quick heads-up:

The turborevs dealer has just got more SMIC stock and put them on ebay:

VW GOLF MK4 1.8T GTI BORA JETTA INTERCOOLER KIT on eBay (end time 10-Dec-10 15:52:20 GMT)

They are 99 inc. delivery, which I think is a bargin. I've just ordered mine. They seem to be selling quickly though...he has sold 5 in less than 12 hours...

I will be doing a before and after comparrison when I get mine.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    are these coolers larger than the S3 SMIC's?

1st Gear

Status
    Not sure mate, you'd have to measure a standard S3 one...

Back in a turbo!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    These look huge compared to the S3 ones. Makes me wonder how it'd fit behind the bumper? lol

Inferi Black Cupra K1

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Troopa View Post
    These look huge compared to the S3 ones. Makes me wonder how it'd fit behind the bumper? lol
    Well I guess I'll find out in about a week's time!

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    what happened with this do we know? i was interested in some feedback here

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Howdy

Status
    Excuse my stupidity but...

Would one of these work in place of one of the S3's (i.e one standard, one Turborevs)?
    Would there be a problem fitting it in there?
    Would there be much (any?) benefit over standard S3 SMIC setup?
    (I don't really want an FMIC you see...)
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

5th Gear

Status
    iv got the side ones and a front mount intercooler and that runs great and notice alot of a difference so if
    i end up going for these as well shorly there would be even more of a difference in temp, power seen as
    there bigger than the standered s3 smic
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

6th Gear

Status
    Just remember that these aftremarket SMIC's will have a pre-drilled hole for the MAP sensor - don't know if the S3's SMIC's have them. You would need to fabricate something to block the port on it. They look very similar to the Eurojet SMIC's which require a little trimming to the ducting that allows airflow to it. Nothing a sharp stanley knife and a steady hand can't deal with in 60 seconds....
    Imteyaz.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    what happened with this do we know? i was interested in some feedback here
    I eventually fit it. I ran into an unforeseen problem with the MAP sensor that sits inside the hole in the SMIC. There are apparently 2 different sizes of MAP sesnor (12mm and 18mm, at a guess). Mine was the larger size and the hole in the SMIC is for the smaller (apparently more common) size. I ended up sourcing a second hand one off ebay and it worked perfectly. I've been running my car like this for about a month now and seems well!

The only down side to this is that because it's quite a lot bigger than the original, I had to remove the ducting pipe completely and it still pushes the bumper forward by a couple of cm's, but doesn't look out of place unless you're really looking for it.

I haven't got around to recording any intake temperature logs after fitting the SMIC, but I did remember to do it before fitting. As soon as I get around to doing some more logs, I'll update this thread and let you know if it was worth the hassle!