Chris NottSky Insurance
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status

For those that have fitted catch cans

Firstly i have only fitted one to the A3 so far, upon fitment the cars turbo seemed to give more of a whistle under acceleration which is nice and not too loud but just noticeable....also the catch can never seems to have anything in it, yes the car gets used on average once a week which might be a factor.

I am going to be doing the S3 soon, plan is just to delete all the pipework under the mani until this catch can group buy gets underway again - did anyone notice any difference upon doing the S3 fitment? whistle etc?
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Hey Animal, I fitted mine (from the original group buy that OllieH initiated) last week. Was a bugger of a job to do but all is in place and working fine. Not noticed any difference in sound from the engine and haven't checked if there's any residue in the can yet (only driven the car about 30 miles since installing the can). I replaced my dipstick at the same time because sure enough it cracked on removal. All in all it took be about 8 hours to do but I was taking my time to make sure it was a quality installation. Not sure if you're using the same hose that was part of that group buy but if so be warned that some of the fittings are extremely tight, in particular the connection to the upper breather. Be prepared for some swearing!

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    cheers mate.... im using the very same hose left over from the A3 that imprey sent us. The bottom connections a ***** aint it to be fair it shouldnt take too long on this as i will initially be keeping the upper pipes the same, so connect the main pipe to the original rubber hose, blank off the inlet then connect up the servo valve......should take me an hour all being well pain in the arse is siting and then connecting the catch can IIRC

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    anyone got a complete guide for this yet? i tried searching though the 110 page thread but couldnt find it lol

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

6th Gear

Status
    Try this Dave:

1.8t - PCV simplification and catch can installation - uk-mkivs

It's covers the PCV simplification and catch can on Golf 4's (AUM engine). Should give you plenty of ideas on how to mount your can (saying that, I still haven't installed my can as yet, it's collecting dust in my garage...).
    Imteyaz.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Imteyaz View Post
    Try this Dave:

1.8t - PCV simplification and catch can installation - uk-mkivs

It's covers the PCV simplification and catch can on Golf 4's (AUM engine). Should give you plenty of ideas on how to mount your can (saying that, I still haven't installed my can as yet, it's collecting dust in my garage...).
    cheers matey

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

5th Gear

Status
    And what a waste of metal the plate holding the dipstick in front of the manifold is on the BAM engine. Literally the whole thing bolts onto the manifold and the only thing attached to it is the bloody dipstick as far as I could tell!

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Dave....here is the link to my A3 AUM build thread, has everything you need on there mate

The Kingfisher A3 build thread (image heavy)

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    And what a waste of metal the plate holding the dipstick in front of the manifold is on the BAM engine. Literally the whole thing bolts onto the manifold and the only thing attached to it is the bloody dipstick as far as I could tell!

yeah it is mate, probably Audi being lazy as that part holds two of the sensors on the AUM engine, suppose it was easier to not redesign it

5th Gear

Status
    That's what I suspected.