For those that have fitted catch cans

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Firstly i have only fitted one to the A3 so far, upon fitment the cars turbo seemed to give more of a whistle under acceleration which is nice and not too loud but just noticeable....also the catch can never seems to have anything in it, yes the car gets used on average once a week which might be a factor.

I am going to be doing the S3 soon, plan is just to delete all the pipework under the mani until this catch can group buy gets underway again - did anyone notice any difference upon doing the S3 fitment? whistle etc?

Hey Animal, I fitted mine (from the original group buy that OllieH initiated) last week. Was a ****** of a job to do but all is in place and working fine. Not noticed any difference in sound from the engine and haven't checked if there's any residue in the can yet (only driven the car about 30 miles since installing the can). I replaced my dipstick at the same time because sure enough it cracked on removal. All in all it took be about 8 hours to do but I was taking my time to make sure it was a quality installation. Not sure if you're using the same hose that was part of that group buy but if so be warned that some of the fittings are extremely tight, in particular the connection to the upper breather. Be prepared for some swearing!

cheers mate.... im using the very same hose left over from the A3 that imprey sent us. The bottom connections a bitch aint it :) to be fair it shouldnt take too long on this as i will initially be keeping the upper pipes the same, so connect the main pipe to the original rubber hose, blank off the inlet then connect up the servo valve......should take me an hour all being well ;) pain in the **** is siting and then connecting the catch can IIRC

anyone got a complete guide for this yet? i tried searching though the 110 page thread but couldnt find it lol

And what a waste of metal the plate holding the dipstick in front of the manifold is on the BAM engine. Literally the whole thing bolts onto the manifold and the only thing attached to it is the ****** dipstick as far as I could tell!

And what a waste of metal the plate holding the dipstick in front of the manifold is on the BAM engine. Literally the whole thing bolts onto the manifold and the only thing attached to it is the ****** dipstick as far as I could tell!

yeah it is mate, probably Audi being lazy as that part holds two of the sensors on the AUM engine, suppose it was easier to not redesign it