Private plate, what a cracker!!!!!

not bad but would need to space it wrong and the police seem to be cracking down on that stuff , a few lads at work have been caught out

You got to be pushing some serious power to have the balls to have that as your plate otherwise you'd get every Tom **** and Harry up your behind.

iv been looking for a private plate last few days but its difficult too choose. But so far my favourite i only £250 from dvla

iv been looking for a private plate last few days but its difficult too choose. But so far my favourite i only £250 from dvla

As a matter of interest, what sort of plate are you looking for? And what have you found at DVLA for £250?
I was considering buying a plate with S3 in it, but i am going to part ex my S3 in for an S-Line next year, so have decided to look for something with my name or initials on, so i can keep it.

I managed to get S30 WNR (S3 0WNR if spaced), for a bargain price on ebay.

My one, S3 00 YES only cost me £170.... Was well chuffed with that. :)

i presume that was 170 plus the £80 transfer. But that is still a bargain for a plate containing s3 and yes.

I didnt go for anything s3 related because i dont tend to keep the same car for too long. My name is james hayes so i went for J44 HYS

My best mate is called James Heelas, and he has H33LAS on his A3. He paid £1000 for it plus the transfer duties.

No idea how to sell mine, people still think I'm either called SUE or have the initials SOE.

No idea how to sell mine, people still think I'm either called SUE or have the initials SOE.

Haha I had the same problem! I was driving round for about a month with 'ANN4' as my reg when I first got my S3, even had the blokes on my site calling me Anna!

Private plates are gay........

ha exactly my thought until my girlfriend bought me one, which i think is a brill present.
I got SIII KRL, got it before i even got my s3 coz she knew i wanted one. plus i prefered the 111 instead of 3, does look pretty smart. she did want to get me K4RLS, but that was 22 GRAND! can you believe that.
i suppose it could also say sick, SIIIK RL.
i had the option of S3O MEN, obv saying S3 OMEN, which i thought was awesome but i opted against it incase i was bollocked for the spacing.

that one in the link is cool, wellys is pretty good too.

ha exactly my thought until my girlfriend bought me one, which i think is a brill present.
I got SIII KRL, got it before i even got my s3 coz she knew i wanted one. plus i prefered the 111 instead of 3, does look pretty smart. she did want to get me K4RLS, but that was 22 GRAND! can you believe that.
i suppose it could also say sick, SIIIK RL.
i had the option of S3O MEN, obv saying S3 OMEN, which i thought was awesome but i opted against it incase i was bollocked for the spacing.

that one in the link is cool, wellys is pretty good too.

My girlfriend bought me my plate too

I saw a plate a while ago saying S3 I FLY, thought that was quite cool.

I really want S3 APB but someone with a pug 106 has it :motz:

Last edited:
I really want S3 APB but someone with a pug 106 has it :motz:
what a waste, that annoys me seeing things like that. like a metro with F1 or something silly like that. theres a few wasted plates round me. tend to be oldies that have owned the car for 30yrs, still think its high class and blow 10grand on a number plate.

Welly has the best S3 plate ive seen so far that was a find and a half mate.

I may regret asking this, but how are you lot getting private plates bought for you by your girlfriends? I normally end up with beer and ridiculous socks as presents from the wife. Not fair! Now I just buy stuff and tell her what she's bought me. This year for Christmas she's already bought me a set of new car mats (see the group buy..!). Might try to squeeze in an AndyMac sub too... (yeah right)

ha, my gf doesnt buy me stuff for my s3 either, just because she thinks its pouring money away and i may not keep it, which is fair enough. Although she did buy me a power kite for my birthday which was a wicked present.

socks and beer is taking the **** though LOL

if you ask me socks and beer is an excellent present! 1. i always find a hole in my sock! and 2. BEER!

i think my girlfriend got it because she had to accept that cars were my number 1 love and priority lol.

what a waste, that annoys me seeing things like that. like a metro with F1 or something silly like that. theres a few wasted plates round me. tend to be oldies that have owned the car for 30yrs, still think its high class and blow 10grand on a number plate.

There's a website that allows you to put in your reg and it finds the car and searches for the tyres applicable to that make and model... So you can basically use it to find out where your perfect number plate is...

JD1 is on a ******* Ford Galaxy people carrier!

My girlfriend still hasn't got this yet :ermm:

Sent her an email about a local car meet and the response to "are we busy?" was;

"[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I don’t care, as long as I don’t have to hear about cars, or how shiny they are, or how many bits they have or don’t have. "[/FONT]

Lol!

Sent her an email about a local car meet and the response to "are we busy?" was;

"[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]I don’t care, as long as I don’t have to hear about cars, or how shiny they are, or how many bits they have or don’t have. "[/FONT]

Lol!
lmao!!!

My girlfriend bought me my plate too

Only plate my missus has bought me (daily) was one with my dinner on it, does that count?

Oh, and on the night I found out that I wasn't gonna be going to the RR day due to work, she decided to use her lardy Pug 307 complete with tow bar (minus towing ball so only a flat face chunk of steel) to bump into my car that was parked 3ft behind hers. Luckily, it only scuffed my number plate...

I'm gonna trade her in if she carries on like that LOL....

I love my number plate, think they set the car off .. not S3 related but it's N44 AD K (NAD = Nadine 4/4 = DOB K = Kelly my surname) also bought my boyfriend one when He had his edition 30 = MK05 GAR (obviously Mk5 golf & his name is Gareth)

guy near me has S3 LUV i sooo want that one