JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Eggy smell to climate control

Just started noticing yesterday that I have an Eggy smell coming from my climate control

Only lasts for 2mins when it's first used from cold though

Any ideas??
    52 Nogaro Blue S3 225-Revo S1-Forge 007p-18" Genuine RSTTs-Falken FK452-Autostyle Mats-Bosch Aero wipers
    NEXT-Powdercoating wheels-H&R Spacers-Neuspeed CAI-Pipeworx exhaust-MC JL Sub/Alpine Amp, Dewipered, A total bodywork makeover before its sold!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Do you use it often? The gas can become stagnant if not used for a while. A recharge of gas may be on order

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    No its not the gas, it is bacteria on the condenser.....you can try a disinfectant bomb at halfords about a tenner ....
    common problem if you dont use it regulary

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    it can be both of the above mine was a dirty pollen filter.
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.

Neutral

Status
    Used every day guys!
    What do you think?
    It's due a service at audi soon do will get a new pollen fitted then
    52 Nogaro Blue S3 225-Revo S1-Forge 007p-18" Genuine RSTTs-Falken FK452-Autostyle Mats-Bosch Aero wipers
    NEXT-Powdercoating wheels-H&R Spacers-Neuspeed CAI-Pipeworx exhaust-MC JL Sub/Alpine Amp, Dewipered, A total bodywork makeover before its sold!

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    it can be both of the above mine was a dirty pollen filter.
    If you can smell the gas you have a bigger problem and it would be empty within miniutes

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    i think he meant a smelly system.
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.

Neutral

Status
    Not gas guys just a bit of a Eggy smell ;0(

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    like i say, i changed my pollen filter and it went away so give it a try mate.

Neutral

Status
    Didn't do it the morning strange......pollen filter going to be done on service end of this month

1st Gear

Status
    Anybody got a link to a pollen filter? Can it be easily changed?

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    You need to take the scuttle panel off,
    wipers off and carefully unclip the scuttle panel, filter is on the passenger side....

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    how much are pollen filters mine is starting to smell aswell. i need to open it up anyway as i have loads of leaves behind there

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Neutral

Status
    I've got a sneaky idea that it's to do with my washer jets!
    Ive not sprayed my washer jets when I got in the car today until tonight!
    If I spray them as soon as the cars started and the climate control is blasting the windscreen the smell appears!
    No washer jets but climate control and it's fine!

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    that would be really wierd cause they are not linked at all..i know you can smell the screen wash when you spray the window but you would need to be using some nasty stuff lol..

Neutral

Status
    It's halfords best!!!!
    I'm going to empty it today and refill and see what happens!

Smell my finger.

Status
    Could be manky washer water. One of our cars at work smelt real bad of farts when you cleaned the windscreen...the washer fluid had gone off!!. Give it a fill up with warm water with some detol in it or something and then spray it all through before refilling as normal.

My AC smelt by the way...new pollen filter cured it. Dead easy to fit and no need to remove wipers etc as there was a little flap on my scuttle that I could lift up to get to it etc.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Neutral

Status
    Problem sorted!
    Flushed out twice with fairy liquid and its fine now!
    Might do again with something else soon that can remove the crap from inside as the fairy liquidf hasnt removed it all